If you apply senior year, but don't have all your required classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kochanie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
besides the science pre-reqs, can you not apply to those schools? I know it's okay if you take them before matriculation, but applying spring of senior year doesn't make that possible. Could you take them elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Summer school/extra semesters are possible. I know people graduating in 5 years instead of 4.

Reactions: 1 user
Summer school/extra semesters are possible. I know people graduating in 5 years instead of 4.
Unfortunately, I can't due to financial aid (my school meets all need for 12 quarters). I could take summer classes after applying, but I wouldn't know where I got in yet so it would be pointless. So you can't take them elsewhere after getting your BS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, I can't due to financial aid (my school meets all need for 12 quarters). I could take summer classes after applying, but I wouldn't know where I got in yet so it would be pointless. So you can't take them elsewhere after getting your BS?

You can always take CC classes, night extension school classes, and part-time classes (even online classes) to fulfill any lingering requirements. With luck, you will have had a chance to interview in the Fall so you can choose to take or not take the extra class(es) in the Spring depending on whether you really liked the program. Remember to not count on taking classes the summer before you start medical school...or at least be very careful. Medical schools start early and may start too early for a summer session to finish.

Reactions: 1 user
You can always take CC classes, night extension school classes, and part-time classes (even online classes) to fulfill any lingering requirements. With luck, you will have had a chance to interview in the Fall so you can choose to take or not take the extra class(es) in the Spring depending on whether you really liked the program. Remember to not count on taking classes the summer before you start medical school...or at least be very careful. Medical schools start early and may start too early for a summer session to finish.
Ah, I see. Makes sense. Thank you!!