If you are a PA, tell me more

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samisab786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do medicine, but I'm also looking for other alternatives incase I decide the workload is too intense for me. I have pharmacy on my list, and I just found out more information about PAs. If you are a PA, can you tell me what exactly you do. Also, PAs can be found in any speciality? How about endocrinology? And what do you guys do that the doctor does not do?

Thank You
-Bagel

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wanting to do medicine, but I'm also looking for other alternatives incase I decide the workload is too intense for me. I have pharmacy on my list, and I just found out more information about PAs. If you are a PA, can you tell me what exactly you do. Also, PAs can be found in any speciality? How about endocrinology? And what do you guys do that the doctor does not do?

Thank You
-Bagel

Just one small word of caution. PA training is pretty intense. To give you an example, in my last semester of didactic training i had 15 classes, and we were in the classroom from 8 AM to 8 PM M-F, with occasional classroom time required on weekends. PA school is similar in intensity to medical school; we are just not taught the depth of the material learned in medical school.

PAs can be found in almost every specialty, including endocrinology. As far as what we do that a doctor doesn't do? I guess that would be the scut:laugh:. After all, thats why they are hiring us, so they can maximize their time;).

Last edited by a moderator: