If you could do it again, would you go to Stanford or WashU

About the Ads

Syranope2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2004
Colorado
    hey raven, it seems like everyone is answering based on location. location is important, but i think you really need to look at the qualities of the school and where you'd be happiest (also, it's ok if you'd actually prefer st. louis to palo alto, you know. i sure would). :)

beezar

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 1, 2002
      I've heard a few times that Stanford students oftentimes don't make the best residents (once from a residency program director--don't ask me why she brought this up...), but who knows. Could just be some jealousy rumor or something.

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      May 8, 2003
      1. Attending Physician
        If you want to wow people who don't know anything about medicine, go to stanford. Wash U may be more respected within some medical circles, but in the outside world, it's name doesn't hold the same weight as Stanford's name.

That way, if you decide during medical school that you want to go to business school or run for public office instead, you'll be in good shape. Stanford's name might also help you if you're an fp in private practice or something.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.