If you could do it again, would you go to Stanford or WashU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raven

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have the choice, looking for opinions..

Members don't see this ad.

Stanford. Location.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stanford. Location.

Wash U. Location.

;)

Never had the choice, but clearly bay area and stanford. WHo the hell wants to live in missouri?

hey raven, it seems like everyone is answering based on location. location is important, but i think you really need to look at the qualities of the school and where you'd be happiest (also, it's ok if you'd actually prefer st. louis to palo alto, you know. i sure would). :)

Stanford. Tax code.

neither

UCSF

I've heard a few times that Stanford students oftentimes don't make the best residents (once from a residency program director--don't ask me why she brought this up...), but who knows. Could just be some jealousy rumor or something.

Both schools are totally nerdy. I would go to Cool University or Jock State.

If you want to wow people who don't know anything about medicine, go to stanford. Wash U may be more respected within some medical circles, but in the outside world, it's name doesn't hold the same weight as Stanford's name.

That way, if you decide during medical school that you want to go to business school or run for public office instead, you'll be in good shape. Stanford's name might also help you if you're an fp in private practice or something.