If you could have lunch with two pathologists...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
who would they be? Alive or dead, doesn't matter.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I vote Thrombus because I envision a crotchety old man sitting on his porch with a shotgun on his lap, telling me to get off his lawn. I want to see how accurate my visual portrayal is.

BUpathology might not be a bad choice - never too early to start making connections that could lead to a job.

And also Rudolph Virchow - he write a pretty damn good letter too, I bet.

Last edited:
I would chose Virchow and Rokitansky and spend the whole time relentlessly griping about the job market and blame them for spawning too many training programs.

Last edited:
I would chose Virchow and Rokitansky and spend the whole time relentlessly griping about the job market and blame them for spawning too many training programs.

That greedy generation of pathologists!

Rosai, to get a few tips on picking up chicks. Netter for suggestions on drawing/art.

EDIT: I guess I'm not 100% sure Netter was a pathologist.. but regardless....

I'll pick two FPs:

1 Joe Davis, a true founder of modern FP from Miami and someone who'd have tons of wisdom and insight.

2 Vince DiMaio, who is probably one of the most opinionated FPs around and I'm told is highly entertaining with a few libations.

If I could have lunch with 2 pathologists I had go have lunch with my wife instead.

Just joking. Probably Rosai for one. Maybe Virchow? I haven't really got a second guy in mind. I heard Ackerman (sp?) was a swell guy.

Jack Kevorkian and the late (?????) Michael Gerber. Got a few questions to ask.

LADoc and mikesheree

I'd lose my appetite at that table. It would probably be like eating with the "King" and "Duke" from Huck Finn.

Thrombus wouldnt wanna eat with you. You are the competition.

maybe with LADoc and BUpathology on the same table

Not sure for Lunch....

But for drinks I would go with Christopher Fletcher and Adam Bagg. It would be good times. I think there would be hookers and blow.

Just an observation. None of us has named a woman yet. Shows how male-dominated the field was for such a long time, but now I think about half of all path residents are women.

Just an observation. None of us has named a woman yet. Shows how male-dominated the field was for such a long time, but now I think about half of all path residents are women.

Up until recently, medicine in general was dominated by men. As you mentioned things are changing now and indeed about half of the path residents are women. Thanks to the women in pathology, trichromes will be back in style. After all they like it when it's colorful.

Up until recently, medicine in general was dominated by men. As you mentioned things are changing now and indeed about half of the path residents are women. Thanks to the women in pathology, trichromes will be back in style. After all they like it when it's colorful.

081218_love_coloring.jpg

Dr. Peter Burger and Dr. Sharon Weiss.