• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

If you could have lunch with two pathologists...

About the Ads

Enkidu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2008
Columbus, OH
  1. Medical Student
    I vote Thrombus because I envision a crotchety old man sitting on his porch with a shotgun on his lap, telling me to get off his lawn. I want to see how accurate my visual portrayal is.

BUpathology might not be a bad choice - never too early to start making connections that could lead to a job.

And also Rudolph Virchow - he write a pretty damn good letter too, I bet.

Last edited:

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 17, 2003
    1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
      I would chose Virchow and Rokitansky and spend the whole time relentlessly griping about the job market and blame them for spawning too many training programs.

Last edited:

mlw03

10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Aug 15, 2003
      Canada
      1. Attending Physician
        I'll pick two FPs:

1 Joe Davis, a true founder of modern FP from Miami and someone who'd have tons of wisdom and insight.

2 Vince DiMaio, who is probably one of the most opinionated FPs around and I'm told is highly entertaining with a few libations.

KLPM

7+ Year Member
        Dec 15, 2012
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          If I could have lunch with 2 pathologists I had go have lunch with my wife instead.

Just joking. Probably Rosai for one. Maybe Virchow? I haven't really got a second guy in mind. I heard Ackerman (sp?) was a swell guy.

thebouque

10+ Year Member
          Nov 30, 2011
            Just an observation. None of us has named a woman yet. Shows how male-dominated the field was for such a long time, but now I think about half of all path residents are women.

Up until recently, medicine in general was dominated by men. As you mentioned things are changing now and indeed about half of the path residents are women. Thanks to the women in pathology, trichromes will be back in style. After all they like it when it's colorful.

KLPM

7+ Year Member
            Dec 15, 2012
            1. Resident [Any Field]
              Up until recently, medicine in general was dominated by men. As you mentioned things are changing now and indeed about half of the path residents are women. Thanks to the women in pathology, trichromes will be back in style. After all they like it when it's colorful.

081218_love_coloring.jpg

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.