If you could only pick one away elective in NYC. . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cholinergic

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which would you choose? I'm debating between NYMC, NYU, SUNY Downstate, Einstein, Columbia. The cost of rotating is a concern so I can't do more than one. Thanks 👍
 
Hey I live in NYC so I can comment a little bit. I would say out of the choices you listed... Columbia or Einstein would be the best, but you might want to think about Mt. Sinai and Cornell as well. NYMC is possible depending on which one you are talking about (there are a few), and SUNY downstate is not that great and is in the hood... I would avoid it although thier residency program isn't bad. I did an away at Columbia, but the residents seemed very unhappy. The rotation itself was good though. Good luck!