If you could....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
couchsurfer said:
I thought this might get some non-medical related wheels turning. This is esp. for those with deadlines and need an immediate distraction.

If you could pick ANY career and financial issues/stability was not an issue (imaginary universe of course) what would it be?

Id be a doctor, but Id only work like 20 hours a week.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be a doctor, working 2 days a week and skiing or whitewater rafting the rest of the time. And I'd be writing books on the Sierra Nevada rivers.
:D

So this thread is full of people who are basically giving up something they've dreamed of in exchange for a paycheck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Art Historian. Probably a scholar studying baroque spanish art or a curator in major museum...ahhh

Truck driver?

My handle would be "Mothertrucker".

Yes, I went there.

Naw, I am 99.9% I'd go to med school if anyone would take me. That or I would study and go to school forever. Not to "earn" anything. But just to learn. That would kick ass!

Cartographer. But not with satellites and all the new fancy stuff. Me and the open ocean. My maps would be infallible. With the little sea monsters and everything in their appropriate positions.

Oh and I'd battle pirates in my spare time. Die, scourge of the seas!

seilienne said:
We're talking no financial concerns?

Professional Student. Seriously. I'd take 3 classes/quarter and actually ENJOY learning. Then I'd be a writer in my spare time.
I was wondering if anyone else thought like me!
I'd definitely be a professional student. And I'd like to study in other countries, too.

I think being an antropologist would be terrific too.
But my current real goals are:
First be a successful forensic psychiatrist and make lots of money and then
Second run for Presidency.

Do you guys know who Vanentino Balboni is? I'd take his job.

Either his or Michael Schumacher's...

SirTony76 said:
Do you guys know who Vanentino Balboni is? I'd take his job.

Either his or Michael Schumacher's...

Formula One Ferrari Driver, and I would gladly be number 2 to Schumi.....in fact, i'd be fine just being the test driver

I had to look up who Balboni was, but yes, that would also be great.
my other dream job that i wanted was to be a Ferrari Engineer, and I seriously thought about going into mechanical engineering to get to that, but I thought about how highly unlikely that is to occur....I might as well be an astronaut

C.P. Jones said:
Formula One Ferrari Driver, and I would gladly be number 2 to Schumi.....in fact, i'd be fine just being the test driver

I had to look up who Balboni was, but yes, that would also be great.
my other dream job that i wanted was to be a Ferrari Engineer, and I seriously thought about going into mechanical engineering to get to that, but I thought about how highly unlikely that is to occur....I might as well be an astronaut

Have you ever seen Balboni on a Top Gear episode? He is a crazy man!!