If you drink daily coffee, how do you make it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I make instant coffee. It's fast, and you can put in a lot of coffee if you're real sleepy.

Members don't see this ad.

Our set up is E61 espresso machine with Rancilio grinder.
Roasting my own coffee. Huge difference. Can't drink anything else.

I buy my beans at Costco, grind them myself and put it through my coffee maker with thermal mug. My coffee is hot for me and my SO, regardless of our schedules. On weekends, I do cold brew, but during the week, I just need fuel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone use a “bean to espresso” machine? I saw a Jura machine at a mall . ... and I kinda want one, but they are expensive.

Starbucks instant Colombian coffee from Costco. I think it works out to 1 dollar a cup

In med school, $5 starbucks and redbull. Total waste of money.

After awhile, you start to develop a taste for coffee. I like to cold brew mine. Makes it easy - brew it and then use the whole batch for the week. I will say that if you're going to go with the hot brew on demand route then you should invest in a good grinder (manual is better). It makes a difference in the taste of the coffee. Also invest in good beans.

Reactions: 1 user
Cuisinart drip machine, beans from my local roaster mixed with illy or another espresso. Yeti rambler full of black coffee takes me straight through til lunch.

Single-serve K-cup machine from amazon and $0.40 K-cups. The biggest downside is the time it takes to brew (does not have hot water ready automatically, has to heat it up).

I use a 20 year old rancilio silvia that someone gave me. Needed some new tubing but otherwise still works like a charm. And over the years I've accumulated a V60, chemex, French press, and aeropress. I might have a problem.

Our set up is E61 espresso machine with Rancilio grinder.
Roasting my own coffee. Huge difference. Can't drink anything else.
How do you deal with the smoke? The one time I tried roasting it went...not so well

I use a 20 year old rancilio silvia that someone gave me. Needed some new tubing but otherwise still works like a charm. And over the years I've accumulated a V60, chemex, French press, and aeropress. I might have a problem.

How do you deal with the smoke? The one time I tried roasting it went...not so well
Mostly do it on the deck, outside, using propane and tri-pod burner and small pot. I used to buy roasted from online or local stores, then from local companies that claim they roast and it's fresh, but nothing beats my roast. Crema that comes out from fresh roast is much much better. Taste and smell is much better. Need to invest in some kind of coffee roaster. Still thinking about it.