If you only had money for one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meeza

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With many great resources out here, it can be hard to choose just one! I have the 7 book set for Kaplan and the NextStep strategy and practice book for Psychology/sociology. I am running through Chad's videos to absorb more info in the chemistries and physics before reading those Kaplan books (just the 30 day trial).

Now, I want to decide between throwing down money on examkrackers, TPR, TBR, or something completely different. I know many successful applicants use more than one of these, but cash is too tight. Biological sciences is my strongest point, and psychology and physics are my weakest. I'd like to practice CARS with the material also.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have recently graduated and have a somewhat strong background in the subjects then I would stick with Ek + AAMC materials.
If you need a more detailed content review over say about 3 months time then stick with either TPR or TBR and the AAMC materials. TBR has more passages-based questions, though.

So it depends on your background and the amount dedicated study time you got. For CARS, get Ek 101 or NS 108.

Reactions: 1 users
If you have recently graduated and have a somewhat strong background in the subjects then I would stick with Ek + AAMC materials.
If you need a more detailed content review over say about 3 months time then stick with either TPR or TBR and the AAMC materials. TBR has more passages-based questions, though.

So it depends on your background and the amount dedicated study time you got. For CARS, get Ek 101 or NS 108.

Being out of school for a while + working full time has me leaning towards your second suggestion. Thanks! For TBR, it looks like the only option to order the textbooks by the email on that website, is that correct? (Ie; I'm not seeing any one-click purchases/ amazon).

Being out of school for a while + working full time has me leaning towards your second suggestion. Thanks! For TBR, it looks like the only option to order the textbooks by the email on that website, is that correct? (Ie; I'm not seeing any one-click purchases/ amazon).

Yes, their website is the only way to order the books. When I ordered mine in August of last year, they only had a book on Psychology and not for Sociology (maybe they do now?). So, you may want to add the TPR Psy/Soc book, which I believe everyone here uses in addition to their regular set.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Use any content review set. You only need one and it doesn't particularly matter which one it is. Spend your money on the AAMC materials.

Are you not going to dental school anymore?
Lol, I am!! This is for my fiancé, and it's just easier to leave out the fluff and write what is needed (I graduated and mostly sit around and work whenever, while he has a full time job, so I help him). I'm ABSOLUTELY dental through and through, put down my deposit at UF. :smuggrin: