IF you Remember your Pcat and Undergrad GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpillgood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
curious? what was your GPA and Pcat Score?
If you have a 2.9 cummulative but a 3.3 in science courses what are the chances of acceptance?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a 2.9 cummulative but a 3.3 in science courses what are the chances of acceptance?:confused:

How are we supposed to know what your chances are? All you have given us is a GPA. We do not know anything about you or the schools you are applying to.

Ok...I will say you have a 33% chance of acceptance.:rolleyes:

Moved to pre-pharm as chance of acceptance is pre-pharm related.
As to what your chances are, that's completely dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to GPA/PCAT.

As for me I didn't take the PCAT and had 3.49/3.59 GPA (cum/sci)

I have no idea what your chances are.

Members don't see this ad :)
72 % on pcat 2.9 overall 3.2 Science, MicroBiolgy Grad:scared:
Schools Applied to: Auburn, ULM, UTMEM, Palm Beach, Mercer, UF, Hilo, Univ of Mass

Hey,

I think you have a great chance, simply that you really want to be a pharmacist. That will come through your application and interview. So don't focus too much on grades and focus on "Your Goal." ;) Keep on chugging!

Overall GPA: 3.1
Science GPA: 3.3
PCAT: overall 91%

Current Status: I had an interview and waiting on the result.

3.9 GPA but only 61 on Pcat :( I got accepted though, so you have a shot if you have a high GPA or a high Pcat.

Good luck!! I know that you have a chance!! Don't give up!!

You probably will need some ECs.

Someone with a 4.0 GPA and a 95% PCAT could tell the admissions committee that they like to strangle cats for fun, and they would still get in.

That's so ridiculous. If you read any threads around here you will know that at least one person had stats like that AND good ECs and did not get into his top choice.

If that were true, schools would only look at GPA and PCAT and not even have you write essays or interview or put down your ECs. Some schools really want people who have done a lot of volunteer work, some are more concerned with having a diverse, well rounded class, etc.

That's so ridiculous. If you read any threads around here you will know that at least one person had stats like that AND good ECs and did not get into his top choice.

Long story short:

For every 1 person with a 4.0 GPA and 99 PCAT that doesn't get into the school of their choice, there are 1000 4.0/99 students that do. But we just hear about the one because of course they are going to bitch ( i would ). The other 1000 people go about their forum free lives and we wonder how so many people with great grades don't get in at their #1 school.

In general.

Well, as other people have said, there's always a chance, but there's sooo much more about you that goes into the application other than your gpa. Those numbers are right around mine...I had a 3.01 cum and a 3.3 science. HOWEVER, I also had a 90 pcat, B.S. molecular biology+9 years pharm research exp and great LORs. Even then, I still consider myself lucky because I had no relevant pharmacy exp. Depends a little bit on everything.

I wouldn't consider a 2.9 gpa and a 70s PCAT competitive for the majority of schools. Work on that gpa and the PCAT, you'll stand a much better chance then.

Someone with a 4.0 GPA and a 95% PCAT could tell the admissions committee that they like to strangle cats for fun, and they would still get in.

Wow, strangle cats, that's sadistic. lol.

:laugh:...Well I guess not many would purposely want to do that bad on their interview unless they were outta their mind.

I am magna cum laude and 96 PCAT.

To the original poster, perhaps this'll give you an idea. :)
http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/InstitutionalData/6863_Tab8PSAR.pdf

Although it excludes PCAT scores, go by what others have recommended. What I've heard from others GENERALLY speaking, is that PCAT scores greater than 80 are good, and unless you lack depth in other areas of your application, you'll PROBABLY be alright.

In the meantime, cheers. :thumbup:

If you're further curious, there are countless threads on this matter so search away to your heart's content.

Apply to Hampton or Washington state. 3.0 mean GPA. Haha.

I strangle cats, hopefully that helps me get accepted during my interview. Actually, make sure anything you write for your school is breathtaking. Schools wouldn't have you write essays or personal statments if they weren't really important. Enrollment people have to read them, they wouldn't waste their time if it were unimportant.

GPA: 3.99
PCAT: 75%
Schools Applied To: University of Houston, Texas Tech University, Texas A&M - Kingsville, Nova Southeastern University, Ferris State University, Univeristy of Colorado, University of Washington
Schools Accepted To: University of Houston, Texas Tech University, Texas A&M - Kingsville, Nova Southeastern University, Ferris State University, Univeristy of Colorado

Not true AT ALL!!! I know AT LEAST 4 people with 4.0s and 99s that were accepted NO WHERE!!! The interview is KEY!!!

Pre-req GPA: 3.9 UTD and CCCC
graduated GPA 3.4 BS Business UTD
Grad school GPA: 4.0 (only 2 classes) UTD
retook all science pre-req 3 times (4times total) except for OChem 1 and 2
PCAT: took 4 times, latest one 56% :confused: after doing Kaplan thingy
7yrs pharmacy exp.
1yr accounting
more community service than you could ever imagine

Applied to: Texas Tech
Interviewed and ACCEPTED! :eek::smuggrin:

Pre-req GPA: 3.9 UTD and CCCC
graduated GPA 3.4 BS Business UTD