If you thought you had a bad day...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okayplayer

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Never knew that poor pad contact could cause arcing and lead to a fire. I just thought it would be an ineffective shock. Makes sense though that it could cause a burn and be an ignition source

When i was in EP the other day, we kept defibing a guy with chest/back hair and burnt hair smell started to permeate the room. Now i know i dodged a fire.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have another one for you... This morning I connected the Mac blade and pinched the heel of my hand. When I switched hands to get it off, the light (LED not standard bulb) shined directly in my eyes. After soldiering through that, I opened the patients mouth and they hadn't flossed for days. I intubate and go to inflate the cuff and the syringe rolls off the bed and into the floor. I get the patient settled and the surgeon finishes 15 min early, so I didn't get to finish my WSJ article. And I just found out that yours truly isn't getting my mid-mid morning break. I probably won't even get to the lake until noon

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I have another one for you... This morning I connected the Mac blade and pinched the heel of my hand. When I switched hands to get it off, the light (LED not standard bulb) shined directly in my eyes. After soldiering through that, I opened the patients mouth and they hadn't flossed for days. I intubate and go to inflate the cuff and the syringe rolls off the bed and into the floor. I get the patient settled and the surgeon finishes 15 min early, so I didn't get to finish my WSJ article. And I just found out that yours truly isn't getting my mid-mid morning break. I probably won't even get to the lake until noon
But did you have time to buy Bitcoin!?

Reactions: 1 user
Good sheetpost is good.