Modesto can’t be that bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1703214270822.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
100% doing own cases so who cares who you employer is as long as the cheques get deposited. Can't be any worse than working for NAPA et al

Reactions: 2 users
So, why not split the job up further? If they're looking for two at $900k - 1.2m, why not have four people split the jobs. Each comes in for one week, takes call each day, and leaves Sunday, after the next guy comes. Pay each $450-600k for the one week a month. I mean, ****, I'll fly across the country one week a month for that kind of money.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
So, why not split the job up further? If they're looking for two at $900k - 1.2m, why not have four people split the jobs. Each comes in for one week, takes call each day, and leaves Sunday, after the next guy comes. Pay each $450-600k for the one week a month. I mean, ****, I'll fly across the country one week a month for that kind of money.
Samesies

This won’t work. They need someone to take the bait, move their family there, and buy a house. Then they can work on the switch part of the equation. If they hire a bunch of part-timers who can walk at the drop of a hat, they have no leverage.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
CEO of the group is a CRNA. No thanks!
As long as I don't have to supervise his militant ass in the OR I'd take his $50K/week, a couple times per year.

Wouldn't move there. Modesto's primary redeeming quality was that there used to be some pretty great water slides in Manteca.

Reactions: 1 users
As long as I don't have to supervise his militant ass in the OR I'd take his $50K/week, a couple times per year.

Wouldn't move there. Modesto's primary redeeming quality was that there used to be some pretty great water slides in Manteca.

They are still there and very fun but expensive

This CT surgeon is insufferable, his brother is also a CT surgeon that was implicated in one of the largest medicare fraud schemes ever. Was stupid enough to try to fake doing CT cases and bill medicare for them. Many previous anesthesiologists have refused to work with this guy because the outcomes were so bad. I guess 900k is the asking price to sell your soul and be an accessory to murder.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
If that’s doctors Modesto I looked at that place for locums.. found out it was 100% locums. Like zero people live there. Also malignant surgeons. So I never got credentialed. I think the area is pretty rough

Reactions: 2 users
This CT surgeon is insufferable, his brother is also a CT surgeon that was implicated in one of the largest medicare fraud schemes ever. Was stupid enough to try to fake doing CT cases and bill medicare for them. Many previous anesthesiologists have refused to work with this guy because the outcomes were so bad. I guess 900k is the asking price to sell your soul and be an accessory to murder.

I've noticed at every location I had interviewed at, if they are paying above regional MGMA, there is a reason. Malignant surgeons and staff, longer hours, more call. I call it the Unpalatability Premium (UP). Ie "you gotta bring my pay UP for me to consider the job"

Reactions: 4 users

Are you sure that was Modesto? There was a large cardiac surgery scandal in Redding 20+ years ago. I wonder if the anesthesiologists there knew what was going on.

Last edited:
Are you sure that was Modesto? There was a large cardiac surgery scandal in Redding 20+ years ago. I wonder if the anesthesiologists there knew what was going on.

This is the CT surgeon's brother (also CTS)

Correct re surgeon. Lots of complications. All perm MD anesthesia left. Crna group took over. CRNA owns group. Hospital is malignant tenant facility. Only go here for locums. They are very money hungry and will bait/switch

Reactions: 1 users