If you're in at Baylor and not going ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms. a

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please withdraw!!! Pretty, pretty, pretty please!

I'm told that they're still waiting for a lot of people to withdraw their acceptances (based on what people have done in recent years) before they send out any more acceptances. Apparently I'm close to getting one, but not quite, due to all the people still holding acceptances. From other threads, I know that there are a lot of people that are in at Baylor but aren't intending to go there. So for the sake of all the other applicants who are desparately waiting to get into Baylor, please, please, please withdraw your app. I (and anyone else who gets in, I'm sure) will be eternally thankful!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't offer you a spot, because I fully intend to use mine. But, I do know there are several people who will likely be turning down Baylor. Sadly, they are waiting for financial aid info first. I know they have good reason to be waiting, but I also know how much it reeks for you. :( Hang in there! a friend of mine who is a first year there got her call on May 16, the day after the commitment deadline for AMCAS.

Hang in there! My fingers are crossed for you. :)

Originally posted by ms. a
for the sake of all the other applicants who are desparately waiting to get into Baylor, please, please, please withdraw your app.

i would second this for ANY school you don't intend to go to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump!

Just for anyone who didn't see it.

Or for anyone who knows anyone holding an unwanted Baylor acceptance!

i feel your pain, but i had to ask, does it really affect your chances of getting in to Baylor if somebody gives up their spot sooner rather than later?

any way, i hope you get in ms. a (sooner rather than later!)

Originally posted by sfgm112
i feel your pain, but i had to ask, does it really affect your chances of getting in to Baylor if somebody gives up their spot sooner rather than later?

It affects your chance of getting in sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by Trekkie963
It affects your chance of getting in sooner rather than later.

Do waitlists move immediately, or in waves. When do schools generally start offering positions off the waitlist?

Originally posted by Gleevec
Do waitlists move immediately, or in waves. When do schools generally start offering positions off the waitlist?

It totally depends on the school and how they have set up their waitlist. At Baylor, every applicant has already been ranked by their computer, so they don't have to sit down and re-review applications (which would make the waitlist more likely to move in waves). Once they have an open spot, they can just go to the next applicant on the ranked waitlist, send his or her file for final approval by Dr. Bradshaw, and give the applicant a phone call.

Originally posted by ms. a
Please withdraw!!! Pretty, pretty, pretty please!

I'm told that they're still waiting for a lot of people to withdraw their acceptances (based on what people have done in recent years) before they send out any more acceptances. Apparently I'm close to getting one, but not quite, due to all the people still holding acceptances. From other threads, I know that there are a lot of people that are in at Baylor but aren't intending to go there. So for the sake of all the other applicants who are desparately waiting to get into Baylor, please, please, please withdraw your app. I (and anyone else who gets in, I'm sure) will be eternally thankful!

how do you know your at the top of the list?

it was hard...but i let go of my spot a few days ago

Originally posted by somekevinguy
it was hard...but i let go of my spot a few days ago

Thanks Kevin!!

To norouz, I'm not at the top of the list, at least I don't think so. I've just been told of my chances, which are good, as long as more people withdraw.

I can feel your pain since I was in this same position a few years ago. I would have given anything to go to Baylor, but never got off that waitlist. I ended up at UTSW instead and things have worked out great for me. Just remember that there is a lot of randomness to this entire process and you will do well at either school. I was rejected from Baylor but I am now finishing up my third year with a 3.98 GPA and a 256 on Step I. I hope you get into Baylor since that is where you want to go, but know that things will work out in the end either way. Also, there tends to be a lot of movement from the waitlist after May 1...so keep the hope alive! Good luck!

ms. a, i know how agonizing a wait can be...like texasrose, i can't help you out...but hang in there. hopefully good news is coming your way soon.

did anyone get in today? the office said the committee is still making decisions.

Originally posted by smctp
did anyone get in today? the office said the committee is still making decisions.

Just to clarify, at this point when the committee makes a decision that does not mean they are looking at individual applicant's files and deciding to accept certain people. It just means that they are deciding whether they have already accepted enough people or have room to accept more. If there is room to accept more, they go to the computer-generated rank list and take the next X number of people off of there. The new admits are submitted to the deans of admissions and Dr. Bradshaw for approval, then notified.

sigh...I really really liked Baylor, but after comparing financial aid packages and some other stuff...I'll be letting go of my spot tomorrow. For those of you going there, enjoy what seems like one of the most helpful and considerate administrations I've encountered.

--Rager

Originally posted by rager1
sigh...I really really liked Baylor, but after comparing financial aid packages and some other stuff...I'll be letting go of my spot tomorrow. For those of you going there, enjoy what seems like one of the most helpful and considerate administrations I've encountered.

--Rager

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Although, I really am sorry that you have to give up something it seems you really liked. I hope that you are happy wherever it is you end up!

YEA!!!!

Thanks to all of you who withdrew, because today I got into Baylor!!! Finally! I have been waiting for this for so long. And to think that just yesterday my husband discovered that he had achieved his lifelong dream as well. What a week! I'm so excited to meet all my classmates and I'm really pulling for all of you who are still waiting. Trust me, I know how you feel!

For anyone else waiting for an acceptance from Baylor, I'm withdrawing as well...the only reason I haven't done it earlier is because I wasn't sure where I wanted to go.

Good luck! :D

ms. a said:
YEA!!!!

Thanks to all of you who withdrew, because today I got into Baylor!!! Finally! I have been waiting for this for so long. And to think that just yesterday my husband discovered that he had achieved his lifelong dream as well. What a week! I'm so excited to meet all my classmates and I'm really pulling for all of you who are still waiting. Trust me, I know how you feel!

I am so happy to hear that you got in. It's obvious from all your posts how much this means to you. Congratulations!

:clap:

ms. a said:
YEA!!!!

Hey ms. a, congratulations!!! It's so nice to hear that you received the good news you were waiting for. I wish you all the best at BCM and hope you really enjoy your time there! :clap: