if you're on a waitlist, would you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lina123321

ralph: im a unitard
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
apply to an smp or masters program at the school you're waitlisted at? would it seem too desperate/pathetic/etc..? would it put you at an advantage/disadvantage?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, the app pools are totally different (for master's and med, that is, I dunno anything about SMP). Moreover, isn't it too late to apply for Master's? Most apps have fall deadlines.

Well, the app pools are totally different (for master's and med, that is, I dunno anything about SMP). Moreover, isn't it too late to apply for Master's? Most apps have fall deadlines.

there's this one that applications can be accepted until july

there's this one that applications can be accepted until july

Be very careful, as they might say they accept applications until July but stop paying attention to them much earlier. Unless you're a stellar candidate who just couldn't catch a break in regular MD/DO admissions, applying at the end of the cycle to a good post-bac program could easily result in an extra rejection.

edited to add: Are you thinking of applying just to get off the waitlist? Or as a back-up plan if you aren't in med school this fall? If it's the former, the earlier poster had it right: the handful of post-bac programs I personally know are only in touch with their parent med school admissions office when they're selling the current year's crop of grads.