Illegal to sell Kaplan materials?

Started by rivulet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rivulet

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

Is is illegal to sell the course Kaplan materials? I see a lot of people on sdn who advertise to sell their materials but is it OKAY to do so??? Is it breaking the rule for reselling it?

Thank you.
 
I've given mine away. I vaguely remember someone from Kaplan saying that it is illegal to resell the material... But that doesn't really make sense. It is your books now lol
 
yeah, that is what is wierd. the books say "not for resale" but I did buy them so I should be able to do whatever I want with them...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just "take donations" for your Pay For Pharmacy School Fund 🙂 🙂 recommended donation 100 bucks.That is perfectly legit since you are giving them away. I donated some cash before and got some awesome kaplan books!
 
Yeah the books say "not for resale." Does that mean it's unlawful from a legal point of view? I highly doubt you'll be served papers or hauled off in handcuffs. You can always go the eBay "buy this useless piece of paper for several hundred dollars and I'll give you my kaplan books for free" route.
 
or just give the books away and charge a lot for shipping and handling.....
 
Ya'll need to determine which rules to break and which rules not to break. It's illegal to download music, and movies, I've downloaded about 20,000 songs, and 300 movies, and around 5 television series.

the RIAA is watching you 🙄
 
Hi everyone!

Is is illegal to sell the course Kaplan materials? I see a lot of people on sdn who advertise to sell their materials but is it OKAY to do so??? Is it breaking the rule for reselling it?

Thank you.

Kaplan materials should be illegal anyway. Their PCAT review book is the most useless, poorly-written, typo-plagued book ever. You want to increase the competitiveness of pharmacy admissions? Forget the PCAT, just give every pre-pharmer a copy of Kaplan's PCAT review book and see if they can find all the errors.

I think my favorite was in the math section. Did you know that squaring a number makes it increase faster than cubing a number? I never friggin' knew! All that time wasted in math classes!

Then, of course, there were the typos in the practice test section, some of which made the test impossible to take unless you knew their secret code (and it literally was a code, because they made the same typos over and over again).

**** Kaplan. Just look over old tests from undergrad that would fall under the categories on the PCAT. You'll save yourself money and frustration that way. Besides, all the PCAT does is ask you to regurgitate that information at a much faster pace than you're used to.
 
Ya'll need to determine which rules to break and which rules not to break. It's illegal to download music, and movies, I've downloaded about 20,000 songs, and 300 movies, and around 5 television series.

My roommate has 1.5 terrabytes of music, movies, and TV shows. He literally has his own personal server for all the files he has. Be jealous.