-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2026
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When the class of 2020 was overaccepted, Illinois emailed out that the class was full on April 15 to both waitlisted and accepted students.How many days after the 15th do we think Illinois will let people know if they’re pulled? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was called exactly 1 week after the deadline. Since it just has to be postmarked by that date and it received, they need to wait until they can be reasonably sure that all the mail has made it to the school.How many days after the 15th do we think Illinois will let people know if they’re pulled? Thanks!
JVetStudent
Full Member
Has anyone lived/know anyone who has lived in northern champaign and can give me their opinion on living in this area? Looking at a house near the intersection of N Neil St and Bradley Ave. Any opinions would be appreciated!
I haven't lived there as I am also an incoming first year, but ive asked around quite a lot and am friends with a couple current students. I was told to avoid Bradley Ave at all costs, supposedly not the best area. Was also told to avoid the places around the planet fitness in Urbana off of Philo and ColoradoHas anyone lived/know anyone who has lived in northern champaign and can give me their opinion on living in this area? Looking at a house near the intersection of N Neil St and Bradley Ave. Any opinions would be appreciated!
Because I’m paranoid, all we had to do to accept our seat was follow the link and submit our deposit right? And then transcripts later this summer.
I think so! That’s all I did and I expected a follow up email to something, but I emailed the admissions lady and she said my deposit went thru [emoji2372]
Hi! I’m also an incoming first year but I’m non-traditional and have lived here for 3 years already because of my husband’s job. I would NOT recommend living there. We lived on Eureka St in that area the first year we were here and it was awful. Our cars were broken into, there was a regular police presence (like at least once a week) at a few of the houses down the street, and there were multiple shootings in the area. We were an anxious mess the whole year. Our landlord was also shady and it just capped off an already terrible experience.Has anyone lived/know anyone who has lived in northern champaign and can give me their opinion on living in this area? Looking at a house near the intersection of N Neil St and Bradley Ave. Any opinions would be appreciated.
meowspaghetti
New Member
Just declined my OOS spot. Good luck!
nickelpenny
New Member
Just declined my OOS seat, good luck everyone!!
2026hopeful
Full Member
Anyone know how safe E Vermont in Urbana is
Hi everyone!! Just wanted to pop in and give hope to the waitlisted folks because I got off the waitlist at around 4pm CST!!!! Good luck to everybody!!!
Congrats! I hope it keeps moving a lot of spots tomorrow.. [emoji51][emoji51]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think so! That’s all I did and I expected a follow up email to something, but I emailed the admissions lady and she said my deposit went thru [emoji2372]
I was worried about this same thing! All I got was a confirmation for my deposit, so still waiting for any other sort of next steps or other confirmation!Because I’m paranoid, all we had to do to accept our seat was follow the link and submit our deposit right? And then transcripts later this summer.
One of my good friends lives on Michigan ave in Urbana and likes it (has lived there 3 years) and one of the ER doctors lives by her too. I also know someone who lives on Delaware and I think she’s been there 2 years. A couple girls in my class live in a house on Pennsylvania and one girl has lived there since sometime in undergrad I believe. I think someone else in my class is somewhere in that general area but I don’t remember what street they’re on.Anyone know how safe E Vermont in Urbana is
2026hopeful
Full Member
Thank you. I was hoping it was a safe placeOne of my good friends lives on Michigan ave in Urbana and likes it (has lived there 3 years) and one of the ER doctors lives by her too. I also know someone who lives on Delaware and I think she’s been there 2 years. A couple girls in my class live in a house on Pennsylvania and one girl has lived there since sometime in undergrad I believe. I think someone else in my class is somewhere in that general area but I don’t remember what street they’re on.
Hey y'all! Just wanted to let you know I got off the phone with the parking office. As someone said before, you can be on up to two waitlists. I chose F27, which is apparently approximately a year and a half wait, and F30. I know Lincoln street isn't the ideal parking situation but I at least need a spot and they said that one will definitely open up before the fall when compared to F32 and F24. Also they are $720 😭😭😭
Thats $60 more than when I was a student. That sucks :/
yogivet
Full Member
Yeaa I emailed admissions after submitting my deposit on friday, asking for confirmation and haven’t heard back 🙃 would love an email confirmationI was worried about this same thing! All I got was a confirmation for my deposit, so still waiting for any other sort of next steps or other confirmation!
Hi! I’m a current first year. I live about a mile from planet fitness on Philo and love the area. I feel completely safe here. Most houses are a bit older, but it’s not a bad area by any means.I haven't lived there as I am also an incoming first year, but ive asked around quite a lot and am friends with a couple current students. I was told to avoid Bradley Ave at all costs, supposedly not the best area. Was also told to avoid the places around the planet fitness in Urbana off of Philo and Colorado
2026hopeful
Full Member
Are you east or west of philo?Hi! I’m a current first year. I live about a mile from planet fitness on Philo and love the area. I feel completely safe here. Most houses are a bit older, but it’s not a bad area by any means.
Yep it was still 660 this year too 🙃Thats $60 more than when I was a student. That sucks :/
It’s going up for faculty/staff too and interns/residents are NOT THRILLED (even though they pay less than us to start with since it’s a salary percentage….)
Here you go!! Congratulations and welcome to UIUC!Hi Ya'll ! I accepted my seat off the waitlist last night- I can't wait to meet everyone! Can someone help me find the facebook group? I don't think I am typing in the right key words to find it.
since it goes by percentage, how do they have students paying so much since the majority of us don't even work throughout the 4 years of school? Is it just a set price for students?Yep it was still 660 this year too 🙃
It’s going up for faculty/staff too and interns/residents are NOT THRILLED (even though they pay less than us to start with since it’s a salary percentage….)
Yep it’s a set price for students. And it’s stupid that it’s $660 all the way out on the vetmed campus when it’s ONLY people who are working at the vet school or are IN vet school that park there vs anywhere on actual main campus 🙄since it goes by percentage, how do they have students paying so much since the majority of us don't even work throughout the 4 years of school? Is it just a set price for students?
Especially since vet students are essentially required to be at the school for various in person requirements.
Doesn’t seem like a lot of alternates are in this forum, but thought I’d keep it updated anyway. Another person Ik on the waitlist emailed today and they emailed back saying they’re in the process of filling the class and no specific date on when it’ll be done. They also confirmed no file reviews due to staffing. So still holding hope to get the call haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You would have to park at a meter spot and pay that way.For parking permits, I am on a wait list for F32 and F27. If neither of these open up prior to fall, where would I be parking at?
If either of those are Lincoln Ave (never did memorize which lot was which number), it'll open up. I forgot to get a permit first year and signed up the Monday of orientation. Had a parking spot by Wednesday
Neither are Lincoln Ave. Would you recommend calling back and switching my wait list spot to the one on Lincoln Ave or do I not necessarily need to be on a waitlist for it?You would have to park at a meter spot and pay that way.
If either of those are Lincoln Ave (never did memorize which lot was which number), it'll open up. I forgot to get a permit first year and signed up the Monday of orientation. Had a parking spot by Wednesday
I would switch one to Lincoln as it is the most likely to open up. The people on Lincoln are waiting to get into the big lot (right next to BSB) or the little lot (by the Japan Garden). So as 2022 cancels their passes next month, those spots will open up.Neither are Lincoln Ave. Would you recommend calling back and switching my wait list spot to the one on Lincoln Ave or do I not necessarily need to be on a waitlist for it?
In the past I was told by the parking dept that you don’t really need to get on a waitlist for Lincoln and that people don’t really have trouble getting in that “lot” if you sign up pretty quickly
do you know how much the F24 list moves? I was told im in the 30'sIn the past I was told by the parking dept that you don’t really need to get on a waitlist for Lincoln and that people don’t really have trouble getting in that “lot” if you sign up pretty quickly
I don’t know where I started on it, but I got it first year fall. There may be some 2022ers and interns/residents in F24 that will be graduating/finishing their time here and getting rid of their passes so maybe you’ll get lucky too and get in that lot pretty quick! I definitely loved Hazelwood parking a lot more than Lincoln parking. So much easier to find a spot and you almost never actually have to parallel park 😂do you know how much the F24 list moves? I was told im in the 30's
You don’t need to have the tingley boots if you don’t want. You can purchase cheap rain boots in a size that fits you better where you swap your shoes vs do the overboot situation. I’d probably go with a dark color like black or navy for the “professional look” if you go with that option vs something brighter or with a pattern.I was looking at the SAVMA order form, and, for the Tingley boots, the smallest size will fit over a women's size 8. Does anyone know what people with a smaller shoe size purchased boot-wise? I wear women's 5.5.
Just wanted to ask real quick: any IS students get pulled off the waitlist yet? Not hoping for much movement on the IS waitlist but thought I'd check in 🙂
2026hopeful
Full Member
What is this SAVMA order form people are talking about
I’m not sure if all the dates/links have been updated on here, but there’s a big sib/little sib survey and the link to the SAVMA supply sale on here! I feel like the sib survey usually doesn’t get updated until the summer sometime though so it may not be live yetWhat is this SAVMA order form people are talking about
Admitted Student Info - Veterinary Medicine at Illinois
We look forward to meeting you and orienting you to the DVM program. Check this site often for updates or revisions that may be necessary.
SAVMA has an order form for certain supplies that you can order if you pay for a membership with them. The information is here: https://vetmed.illinois.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/SAVMA-order-form.pdfWhat is this SAVMA order form people are talking about
I just stumbled across it. The information hasn't been officially sent out yet.
When the class of 2020 was overaccepted, Illinois emailed out that the class was full on April 15 to both waitlisted and accepted students.
Will Illinois send out an email when the class is full? I’m going to put my LMU deposit down tomorrow, but I am still hopeful for Illinois.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I was pulled off the waitlist last week and have been looking into housing. We were looking into housing at Fairlawn Village and I wanted to see if anyone had any info on this area/the property management group that rents out the units/etc. My fiancé and I (along with our two pets) are moving from out of state and don’t know the area well. Any info is appreciated!
I don’t know much about fairlawn village, but I believe I remember that some students do live there. You may have more luck getting responses on the 2026 fb page or on the fb free and for sale page!Hi everyone! I was pulled off the waitlist last week and have been looking into housing. We were looking into housing at Fairlawn Village and I wanted to see if anyone had any info on this area/the property management group that rents out the units/etc. My fiancé and I (along with our two pets) are moving from out of state and don’t know the area well. Any info is appreciated!
2026hopeful
Full Member
Anyone . What do you think of hillsdale dr area
Where is that?Anyone . What do you think of hillsdale dr area