-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2026
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You get a letter with a form to send back to submit your deposit and accept your seat. Same with waitlist. You have to accept the waitlist seat if you want to remain on it.It is a letter or a packet?
It was just a letter that said the same as the e-mail. No form, but I had paid the deposit prior to the date on the letter. It also references the e-mail saying to see the information about requirements for matriculation that was in it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2026hopeful
Full Member
Good luck. Just answer questions how you feel not what you think they want to hearGoodluck to anyone else interviewing tomorrow! Very excited and nervous! [emoji1696][emoji120]
Yep, there is no right or wrong answer. Just *how* you go about answering and being confident. Be yourself. You got this.
Goodluck to anyone else interviewing tomorrow! Very excited and nervous! [emoji1696][emoji120]
Just finished it up. It was about 18 mins or so. Honestly felt like it was my best out of the 4 I had. They were all very friendly and I think I was able to answer questions well. Hoping for good news [emoji1696][emoji120]
Crossing my fingers for you!!!Just finished it up. It was about 18 mins or so. Honestly felt like it was my best out of the 4 I had. They were all very friendly and I think I was able to answer questions well. Hoping for good news [emoji1696][emoji120]
we got our info in late april, not sure if it'll be the same this year. Feel free to contact the financial aid office though, they're pretty helpful and might be able to give you at least some information on what to expectdo any current students know when we should hear back about getting a login ID for their online portal? I'd like to be able to know my financial aid offer/loans prior to signing a lease
2026hopeful
Full Member
Fingers crossedThey emailed this morning. I got an alternate spot. Pretty disappointed, but also confused by the whole thing since I was originally rejected. I’m hopeful the list moves a lot and I’m pulled 🥲🥲[emoji120]
They emailed this morning. I got an alternate spot. Pretty disappointed, but also confused by the whole thing since I was originally rejected. I’m hopeful the list moves a lot and I’m pulled 🥲🥲[emoji120]
I’m just wondering if anyone from this second round got in or did we all get alternate. I haven’t seen many post about the second round. I’ve seen others say waitlist at other schools move a lot sometimes like 50-100 spots. Do we expect that to happen here too? Thanks!
I’ll most likely be declining my OOS seat. I was an alternate last year, later told that the class was full in April, but later got a call in June to offer me a seat (I opted to defer my admission till this year). There’s hope, good luck!I’m just wondering if anyone from this second round got in or did we all get alternate. I haven’t seen many post about the second round. I’ve seen others say waitlist at other schools move a lot sometimes like 50-100 spots. Do we expect that to happen here too? Thanks!
It's really hard to gauge to be honest. No one was called off the class of 2020 wait list because of massive overacceptance that year (180 students initially, eventually down to 164). Now that they're jumping from a class of ~130 to a class of ~160, they're probably being very cautious because they absolutely do not have the infrastructure to support more than ~160 students per class.I’m just wondering if anyone from this second round got in or did we all get alternate. I haven’t seen many post about the second round. I’ve seen others say waitlist at other schools move a lot sometimes like 50-100 spots. Do we expect that to happen here too? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming we'll get more info later on after decision day, but should I just work on getting the rabies vaccine now? I haven't been told anything directly by the school yet, but I've seen other people ask about it on facebook. Its 100% required right?
6. I got mine through Walgreens but had to special order them. The student health center on campus also does them. I think they’re about $380 or so per? But they say on their site the actual price. You need them by mid-October when you go into clinics but if you want to work in the wildlife clinic, it’s better to get them done sooner because you are not allowed to touch any mammals until you are fully vaccinated.
2026hopeful
Full Member
I've got a tour set up for tomorrow at noon. Almost time to make decision.
I can see if my old roommate will have open spots this year if you’d like. Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff!Does anyone have suggestions for how I should go about my situation with housing? I’d prefer to live with upperclassmen and choose a place quickly, but I don’t want to screw anyone over if I do get a call from Mizzou.
2026hopeful
Full Member
If anyone will be looking for a place to live, parents are buying a house and I will need a roommate or two. Female.
In hindsight, I wish I had bought a condo/townhouse thing. Over 5 years, I spent 45k on rent. So much money wasted. 🤦🏼♀️
I'm still thinking over what I want to do for housing, but I might be interested in thisIf anyone will be looking for a place to live, parents are buying a house and I will need a roommate or two. Female.
Honestly same.In hindsight, I wish I had bought a condo/townhouse thing. Over 5 years, I spent 45k on rent. So much money wasted. 🤦🏼♀️
In the past, they have done file reviews with someone in ASA. Shoot them an email to double check and see when they are starting them.
^second what bats said. In the past they’ve only had a limited amount of time they’ll do them so definitely contact them ASAP. I think they started them after the acceptance deadline during my acceptance cycle but I don’t remember fully. I know my file review was scheduled for the morning after I got the acceptance call LOL.
I asked for a file review right after I got my waitlisted status. They said they weren't scheduling anything at that time due to them being understaffed and they didn't give me a timeline as to when they'd be accepting/scheduling review sessions. That was early March though, maybe they have more of a solid schedule now that the second round of interviews is over? Fingers crossed cuz I'd love to schedule a review session if possible!
I asked for a file review right after I got my waitlisted status. They said they weren't scheduling anything at that time due to them being understaffed and they didn't give me a timeline as to when they'd be accepting/scheduling review sessions. That was early March though, maybe they have more of a solid schedule now that the second round of interviews is over? Fingers crossed cuz I'd love to schedule a review session if possible!
I emailed this morning and they said at this time they do not have a plan to do reviews due to staffing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meowspaghetti
New Member
Hello! OOS accepted student here. I was looking at one of the tuition maps that show costs for varying schools as I try to make my decision. Illinois was listed as a school that allows you to change residency for the class of 2021. Is this no longer the case, or was it a mistake on the website’s part? Thanks!
Technically, you can change residency. But it is extremely difficult. You have to make as income the difference between in state and out of state tuition basically. The only people I knew who did this were people who got married and one person who opened her own horse boarding facility.Hello! OOS accepted student here. I was looking at one of the tuition maps that show costs for varying schools as I try to make my decision. Illinois was listed as a school that allows you to change residency for the class of 2021. Is this no longer the case, or was it a mistake on the website’s part? Thanks!
I’m also an alternate and also got that email. It got my hopes up for a sec too lol, it seems a little weird for them to send an invite to a panel for the c/o 2026 to people that aren’t officially a part of the c/o 2026Just got an email for the student led panel for class of ‘26 on April 1st. I saw Illinois vet admissions pop up and momentarily got excited [emoji38] I think I’ll try to join despite being an alternate.
Hey guys, congratulations to those who have gotten their acceptances to Illinois! I am a current second year student looking to sublease my room in a 4 bed 2 bath house for the summer if anyone is planning to move here sooner/get a lay of the land before their lease officially starts! It is available May 23 - July 31 and really close to the vet school, about a 3 minute drive with a bigger fully fenced backyard, fire pit in the back for those nice summer nights and a grill! The house will be to yourself as all my roommates are also planning to leave for the summer. Let me know if you want any other information on it!! 🙂
You’ll prob get F27 by second year and there’s a good chance of F32 at some point during 1st year. If you’re not on the F24 (hazelwood) list id get on that too 🙂 hazelwood street parking is far better than Lincoln street parking. Current fourth years are all about to sell off their passes today to get a prorated refund so I’d imagine a good amount of movement over the summer as they move people further up the listsDo any current students know how much the wait lists for the parking lot move? I'm in the 40s for F32 and 200s for F27.
mcconnmj
Full Member
I'm an OOS accepted and I am planning on attending Illinois but I haven't paid my deposit yet. I just got an email that my admission was processed and that I should set up my student account and I'm confused??? I haven't even clicked on the link to accept yet, let alone paid the deposit lol anyone else have this happen?
[email protected]Who do you email to get on parking waitlist
I believe you do need a UI netID/ID number before they’ll let you get on the list though.
Thanks! They told me that I could only be added to 2 of the lists or I would have done F24 as well! 🙂You’ll prob get F27 by second year and there’s a good chance of F32 at some point during 1st year. If you’re not on the F24 (hazelwood) list id get on that too 🙂 hazelwood street parking is far better than Lincoln street parking. Current fourth years are all about to sell off their passes today to get a prorated refund so I’d imagine a good amount of movement over the summer as they move people further up the lists
yogivet
Full Member
I’m IS and got the same thing even though I haven’t accepted yet either.. quite confusedI'm an OOS accepted and I am planning on attending Illinois but I haven't paid my deposit yet. I just got an email that my admission was processed and that I should set up my student account and I'm confused??? I haven't even clicked on the link to accept yet, let alone paid the deposit lol anyone else have this happen?
Oh dumb. They must’ve changed that rule. I was on 3 at one point 😂Thanks! They told me that I could only be added to 2 of the lists or I would have done F24 as well! 🙂
tmpatterson
Full Member
I actually declined my OOS seat 2 days ago and got that same message yesterday😅 must’ve been a glitchI’m IS and got the same thing even though I haven’t accepted yet either.. quite confused
JVetStudent
Full Member
Does anyone have an opinion about living in Rantoul? It's about 25 mins from the school, would most people suggest living closer?
I would not have lived that far away, but classmates did. Comes down to how much you'll hate having to drive that distance if there's traffic and/or weather issues. That 25 minutes now can be an hour in the winter.Does anyone have an opinion about living in Rantoul? It's about 25 mins from the school, would most people suggest living closer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I declined my OOS seat last Friday so there should at least be some movement. Good luck!Saw the Illinois 2026 FB group has a little over 100 people in it. Starting to get nervous about waitlist chances [emoji51]. With the 15th being Friday hopefully the following week list will start to move.
I can almost guarantee that a lot of those are from classes 2023-2025 as well. The “public” group a lot of people from other classes join and then later on there will be a group made for just your class closer to school startingSaw the Illinois 2026 FB group has a little over 100 people in it. Starting to get nervous about waitlist chances [emoji51]. With the 15th being Friday hopefully the following week lists will start to move.
Saw the Illinois 2026 FB group has a little over 100 people in it. Starting to get nervous about waitlist chances [emoji51]. With the 15th being Friday hopefully the following week lists will start to move.
Yep, there’s several current students in there to answer questions. There’s also people like me that are accepting our seats but are still waiting on waitlist decisions from other schools.