Illinois is slow

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lindalams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I summited my application a month ago to Illinois but haven't been contacted for any further material. Is Illinois just a slow school or what?! When are they going to ask for my secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

lindalams said:
I summited my application a month ago to Illinois but haven't been contacted for any further material. Is Illinois just a slow school or what?! When are they going to ask for my secondary?

Same here.
Is anyone else having a similar issue?

3eb4me said:
Same here.
Is anyone else having a similar issue?

I think it says on their website to wait 4 to 5 weeks from when they receive your application, and if you haven't heard from after that time then call them.

I know someone that submitted their app in August and never heard anything until almost 5 weeks after. And I heard they even ask you how long ago you sent in your app when you call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Handed mine in beginning of September. No word yet. Called them, and they said my transcript is "not processed yet".

I submitted mine early August, took them about 5 weeks. ICO handles the most applications out of all the schools, more than a few other schools combined. I heard that now is the busiest time as well as they've gotten through over 500 already. Just hang in there, they'll let you know soon. As I've found out, there's nothing you can do but be patient.

I sent in my application a little over a month ago. I called them Friday, and they said I should hear from them within 2 weeks, just waiting on OAT scores (which I took a week and a half ago- computerized).

So, Illinois doesn't want secondary unless they see your OAT scores? Ok, thanks. That makes more sense

Illinois will ask for your secondary once they ask you to attend an interview. You will then need submit your secondary before the date of your interview.

Do they maybe wait until they got your ROC? I cant member if ICU asked for those later or not? Usually, i was under the impression that schools mail out a status update every 4 weeks or so.

lindalams said:

I am in the same situation. I sent my application in mid-september but no response yet. I called the admissions office on friday and they said my application was "Processing" and i should get response 2 to 3 weeks.

lindalams said:
So, Illinois doesn't want secondary unless they see your OAT scores? Ok, thanks. That makes more sense

Not necessarily...some people get interviewed before ICO has thier OAT scores.

Canadian26 said:
Do they maybe wait until they got your ROC? I cant member if ICU asked for those later or not? Usually, i was under the impression that schools mail out a status update every 4 weeks or so.

I believe they also ask for your LORs to be in before the date of your interview as well, so you can get them in anytime you want before then. Wait, am I answering your question? What's ROC?

i finally got an interview...woohoo.