Midwestern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karanj94

Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be starting my first year at CCO in Downers Grove, was wondering if anybody can give me feedback on housing and what I'm going to need. If most of you guys are living off-campus or on? Just looking for basic information and advice because I am from NJ, gonna be long away from home.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm currently a first year at CCO. A lot of us live off campus but there's a pretty big group that lives on campus too. There's TONS of apartments within ~20 minutes of less from campus, so don't worry about housing options. The people that live on campus love it just because of the convenience, but a few of them are switching to an apartment next year. You should join the class of 2023 facebook page if you haven't already. I personally move from Indiana so I didn't know the area well at all but there's plenty of options depending on what your budget is. What you need for an apartment will differ from what you need for a dorm, considering most apartments are unfurnished. Congrats on getting in and I'll see you in the fall!

Hi guys! So I actually interviewed here recently & was placed on the alternate list the next day. Do you know how many people are usually taken off the list? Or know if anyone who has & what they did in order to do that? I absolutely LOVED the school & it’s definately my top choice. Got another interview but my sights are only set on CCO!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry but i do not know anybody on the waitlist but I would reach out to the admissions team and get some information, everyone there is super helpful so don't be shy to give them a call! Best wishes, hopefully will see you there!

Hi! I'm currently a first year at CCO. A lot of us live off campus but there's a pretty big group that lives on campus too. There's TONS of apartments within ~20 minutes of less from campus, so don't worry about housing options. The people that live on campus love it just because of the convenience, but a few of them are switching to an apartment next year. You should join the class of 2023 facebook page if you haven't already. I personally move from Indiana so I didn't know the area well at all but there's plenty of options depending on what your budget is. What you need for an apartment will differ from what you need for a dorm, considering most apartments are unfurnished. Congrats on getting in and I'll see you in the fall!
can you pm me?

I'm sorry but i do not know anybody on the waitlist but I would reach out to the admissions team and get some information, everyone there is super helpful so don't be shy to give them a call! Best wishes, hopefully will see you there!
pm me please? if you go to CCO

Hey guys, I will be starting my first year at CCO in Downers Grove, was wondering if anybody can give me feedback on housing and what I'm going to need. If most of you guys are living off-campus or on? Just looking for basic information and advice because I am from NJ, gonna be long away from home.
Did you choose to stay on or off-campus at CCO? I am starting in fall but can not decide about living on campus so I was wondering if you can share your experience of housing there. Thanks.

If you have a car, off campus housing is about the same as living on campus in the dorms, although you will save money on extra expenses that come with living In any apartment building. There are tons of off-campus options and most students live in apartment complexes within 20 minutes, but none specifically have a majority of students and instead most students are scattered throughout all of the different options.

Reactions: 1 user