Medical I'm 31 years old, foreign graduate with an online doctor of PT degree. How do I jump into medical school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Simply, no US med school accepts any foreign Bachelor's degree and my online doctorate degree means nothing to admissions. I am currently trying to find a Bachelor's degree program that may help me transition to being accepted in one of the med schools here in Texas. I know online Bachelor's degree program are shorter but most med schools will not accept them either. Has anybody find a better path or has successfully overcome these tremendous obstacles to being accepted as a MD student applicant? I would like to hear from you.

Your best bet to be the strongest applicant you can be is to get a bachelors in-person (in any field - that doesn't matter as much) with in-person pre-req courses with a strong GPA (cumulative and science). Whether the degree is online or not is arguable, but few schools accept online pre-reqs, and those that do usually limit the number in which they take.

There isn't really any other pathway here that I'm aware of.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.