I'm a bit confused!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojocola

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, currently i attend a community college and plan on majoring in biology. In order to satisfy agreements with UC's, I must take:

1 year of gen chem (10 uints)
1 year of o chem (10 units)
1 year of calculus (8 units)
1 and a half years of biology (plant/general/molecular) (16 units)
1 course in Statistics (4 units)

And I believe i need some GE's. A transfer paper that i have read was vague about non science/math course requirements. (??? units)

Ucla transfer website. all the UC's in california are pretty much the same in terms of requirements and prereqs(transfering from a CC).
http://www.assist.org/web-assist/re...a=MTSAC&oia=UCLA&aay=05-06&ay=06-07&dora=BIOL

This is going to take me 3 years to accomplish because i work. I hear from my friends that "everyone" takes the MCAT their junior year. Which i assume is their 3rd year in college? Thus, leading me to believe that i take the MCATs while in a C.C. in august? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Ahhh. I don't know.

Members don't see this ad.

jojocola said:
Okay, currently i attend a community college and plan on majoring in biology. In order to satisfy agreements with UC's, I must take:

1 year of gen chem (10 uints)
1 year of o chem (10 units)
1 year of calculus (8 units)
1 and a half years of biology (plant/general/molecular) (16 units)
1 course in Statistics (4 units)

And I believe i need some GE's. A transfer paper that i have read was vague about non science/math course requirements. (??? units)

Ucla transfer website. all the UC's in california are pretty much the same in terms of requirements and prereqs(transfering from a CC).
http://www.assist.org/web-assist/re...a=MTSAC&oia=UCLA&aay=05-06&ay=06-07&dora=BIOL

This is going to take me 3 years to accomplish because i work. I hear from my friends that "everyone" takes the MCAT their junior year. Which i assume is their 3rd year in college? Thus, leading me to believe that i take the MCATs while in a C.C. in august? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Ahhh. I don't know.

Well, not everyone takes it in their third year of school. Take your time, don't worry about it. The key is to do well, not just take it because it's time. If you need to, wait a year (that's what I did). Goodluck!

You should take the MCAT as soon as you've finished up with bio, gen chem, physics and organic. For me it was the end of my sophomore year. Plus, with more dates with the computerized one you'll have more options than ever. Don't worry about when everyone else takes it, take it when you've done the corsework and will have some time to study.