I'm Addicted to SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyday I'm tempted to go on this site. I try to refrain myself from doing so but I always find myself reading hours and hours worth of threads (well maybe not hours).

Are you guys in the same boat? How can I get over this addiction? I've tried to avoid going on SDN but I'm always so bored and curious on what's happening. But I do think that it (SDN Pharmacy Forum) has been really slow these days--maybe the holidays-- that I'm not tempted to go on it...but i still click on the link..

Members don't see this ad.

DrPharm said:
Everyday I'm tempted to go on this site. I try to refrain myself from doing so but I always find myself reading hours and hours worth of threads (well maybe not hours).

Are you guys in the same boat? How can I get over this addiction? I've tried to avoid going on SDN but I'm always so bored and curious on what's happening. But I do think that it (SDN Pharmacy Forum) has been really slow these days--maybe the holidays-- that I'm not tempted to go on it...but i still click on the link..

Yeah, I find myself coming back frequently also. I really like reading the pre-allo forum though because there are so many funny threads that have some very faint, tangible relevance to medicine.

Try reading a book or watch the history channel! The latter works great for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to be like that when I first discovered SDN. Now I have found other forums that I am addicted to. :D

shal said:
I used to be like that when I first discovered SDN. Now I have found other forums that I am addicted to. :D

Would you like to share so that i can have a new hobby? :D

DrPharm said:

You know you're addicted to SDN when you spend your nights thinking about what Misty or Cerb might say in the next thread.

You know you're addicted to SDN when the number of posts under your psuedo-name is bigger than the population of most countries.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you start refering to yourself as your psuedo name even when not online.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you no longer need a dictionary to figure out what Trolling and gunners are.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you make excuses to your family that you're going to the bathroom just so you can get a peak at the site.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you try to "become one" with the site managers.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you refuse to take a bath until a certain someone replies to your post.

You know you're addicted to SDN when your best friend is someone named SDN55555 and you only know him/her by that name.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you refer to it as the all-powerful, all-knowing site for information on the medical school application process.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you suffer from sever Moses and UNTlabrat withdrawls when you're away from your screen for more than twenty minutes.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you've developed a multiple personality disorder where your SDN name becomes your dominant personality.

You know you're addicted to SDN when Ed MCman offers you one million dollars if you go out with him and your excuse for not going is that you have to see what happens next in the lounge.

You know you're addicted to SDN when you've seen over a hundred of "My scores are a 42 and my GPA is a 3.9, will I get into medical school?" threads.

You know you're addicted to SDN when the site is under service you start to cry uncontrollably.

You know you're addicted to SDN when the site has placed a restraining order on you preventing you from visiting... you site visitation has started to interfere with your health.

:) :laugh: :laugh:

I agree, ha ha!~ actually, yet another message board addiction I am having is the knot... even through the wedding was a few months ago, I'm still having fun dishin' out wedding advice! happy holidays, everyone! :) :)

You wanna know about SDN addiction talk to Bananaface!

pharmtard said:
You wanna know about SDN addiction talk to Bananaface!

haha i can't agree more !
seems like she's always online!
whenever a unappropriate thread goes up , it usually gets shut down by her within the hour

For all this talk of addiction...seems awfully slow around here...

:D

*tag* you're it!

bananaface said:
True SDN addiction takes place in the lounge. ;)
Alas. The banana speaks the truth. However, I think pharmacy peeps can be incited to rule their respective roost!

Hurrah to pharms!

FutureRxGal said:
Very true. Then you have those of us ( :cough: me :cough: ) who check the site from work. :laugh:
how do you think i can survive working at all?? :eek:

:D

bananaface said:
True SDN addiction takes place in the lounge. ;)

Where's the Lounge?

Not nearly as bad as getting everyone to use Kinetics avatar....couldn't you have picked someone better like JITT?

Caverject said:
Not nearly as bad as getting everyone to use Kinetics avatar....couldn't you have picked someone better like JITT?
I just logged back in and realised I had kinetics avatar and thought I was going to hurl.

:barf: