Quantcast

Im an IMG. NEED HELP PLZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chsekar987

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Im an Indian Medical Graduate. I graduated in 2010 march. Im starting writing STEPS now. Im interested in OBGYN residency. But i hear people telling me that OBGY for IMGs is not possible. IS it true? what are the chances of gettin a research or externship? I need OBGY residency. Is it possible to get it? What would be the requirements for that?
Plz help me with info.

sineapse

Reaction score
Im an Indian Medical Graduate. I graduated in 2010 march. Im starting writing STEPS now. Im interested in OBGYN residency. But i hear people telling me that OBGY for IMGs is not possible. IS it true? what are the chances of gettin a research or externship? I need OBGY residency. Is it possible to get it? What would be the requirements for that?
Plz help me with info.

Do a search.

OveractiveBrain

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Plz help me with info.

Obgyn is one of the least desirable residencies. Go to a place you don't want to be. Go to a place that didnt fill. You will be with people that wanted to be surgeons but couldn't cut it. At least you'll be a doctor in the states... In the highest risk lowest reward field we have. The most vulnerable to litigation, and what should be the most fulfilling field we have (bringing new life into the world, keeping half our population healthy).

chsekar987

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Obgyn is one of the least desirable residencies. Go to a place you don't want to be. Go to a place that didnt fill. You will be with people that wanted to be surgeons but couldn't cut it. At least you'll be a doctor in the states... In the highest risk lowest reward field we have. The most vulnerable to litigation, and what should be the most fulfilling field we have (bringing new life into the world, keeping half our population healthy).

thanks for replying. So you mean to say that not many people opt for OBGY?Its easier to get it? Is it not worth it?

sineapse

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. But I couldn get yout. Could you elaborate plz..

This question and various flavours of it have been repeated countless times here. Do a search and do your own research here.

(Coming from an IMG, just saying...)

didi7

Reaction score
:luck: hey guys. i graduated in germany and just starting studying for step 2. i need a study partner (via skype) to keep me motivated. bug me if you need an extra boost too.