I'm broke!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acl3623

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so after spending a couple of Gs on apps and interviews, ive gotta put down my $750-$1000 deposit..and i aint got it! how common is it for schools to grant an extension..maybe like 2 weeks...so i can get xmas money?? and who should i ask?

Members don't see this ad.

Call the school and ask. I don't know how often they grant extensions, but it's worth a shot. Tell them your situation.

No credit cards you can throw it on?

acl3623 said:
so after spending a couple of Gs on apps and interviews, ive gotta put down my $750-$1000 deposit..and i aint got it! how common is it for schools to grant an extension..maybe like 2 weeks...so i can get xmas money?? and who should i ask?

Time to ask friends and family to share a little "love". If your credit card can't cover it, maybe a friend or family member can put it on their credit card for you or give you a personal loan?

But I think the schools might take it into consideration and give you an extension--maybe you could pay a little now and the rest after x-mas, or in installations to be completed by a specific deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on the school. UNECOM is really good about stuff like that. They'll totally wait for you as long as you tell them you're coming. CCOM is not as nice- I asked them for an extension and they basically said "tough luck- we have a class to fill". So I guess the lesson there is, if you ask, sometimes they'll be nice. Good luck!

I dont know about an extension, but once you start school you will have more money available to you that you know what to do with...I know I do. Well, that was before my new fish tank.

acl3623 said:

get a temporary holiday job

i promise stores are hiring

go to the bank, show them your letter of acceptance and get a loan. I promise they'll give it to you

Your best bet is unsecured loan, probably easiest to obtain, but will cost you more. Try putting it on your credit card. If your school doesn't accept CC, try cash advance on your credit card. Sign a promissary note with a bank and see if they can get you a small loan. Of course, your credit has to be good.
Good luck.