IM doc in primary care- rough market what is going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lovestudying

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have a great gig but need to move (new location/tired of the admin here). I have 5 years experience post res.

My pay is stuck at 235. We get a yearly bonus which is anywhere from 15-35 a year (unrelated to incentive-thats grouped into my 235).

I like my hours. Office is awesome. But i need to leave.

Looking within my midwest market and in more desirable states its nuts.

Theyre offering me 235-245 max to see 20 pt a day. I dont understand. When i started i was offered that much to see 16 pt a day 5 years ago!

Whats going on?

I know covid causes a rucus but i thought 1 year out from how things were would mean things are better.

How is it going for everyone else?
 
I'm in the southeast. My IM wife is seeing 20 per day, 4 days per week. She's right at 300k.

We have several openings for outpatient IM if you want to come to SC.
Sc would be interesting. How far from the coast?

Would patients be comfortable w a do and w a minority? Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad