Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I've been lurking around here for quite some time and finally decided to post. I'm 34 and as far as everyone in my life knows working toward a nursing degree. The thing is though that I can't get this idea of going to medical school instead out of my head. I have a huge list of why this isn't going to happen, but I keep coming back to it. I went back to school after having 3 kids, so my life is very full and busy, and a part of me thinks I should just get my nursing degree, apply to the Master's program and be an NP, which in the right setting I could probably be happy with, I just don't want to get that far and still feel unfulfilled. At the same time I don't know if it is at all practical to put my family through the ordeal of med school.
If I pursued medical school, I would be around 37 by the time I was applying. Is that too old? Would I have to have outstanding grades to even be considered at that age?
I am really seriously torn. I have made every decision in my life with the philosophy of having absolutely no regrets in the end. I'm afraid not going to medical school will be the first. 🙁
If I pursued medical school, I would be around 37 by the time I was applying. Is that too old? Would I have to have outstanding grades to even be considered at that age?
I am really seriously torn. I have made every decision in my life with the philosophy of having absolutely no regrets in the end. I'm afraid not going to medical school will be the first. 🙁