I'm in tears!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slptodoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so upset! For several days I have tried to send my application and it won't allow me the "certification and submission" option.
All of the other choices (bio, essays....) work fine, but the certification and submission is "fuzzy" and doesn't respond.
I've searched the Q and A section as well as Help and found nothing......
I was on hold again today with AMCAS for 1.5 h then the girl said "well, I don't know what to tell you......." THAT WAS IT!
I sent an email to AMCAS stating my specific problem and all they did was send me some generic note and put me right back at the application.
Is it something silly and obvious or do I have some bizarre problem with my application.......??????
I'm afraid that at this point my application will never get to the schools......
I actually started this whole thing last June, but they screwed up my ID number and lost all of my original input....
I had to put it on hold and study for the MCAT and reenter everything.......
I'm feeling extremely sad and worried.......

thanks in advance for any advice or help!
L

Members don't see this ad.

Don't kill me for saying this, but maybe all of the fields are not complete. You probably have checked this, as it is the most obvious first resort. There is something you must do at the end to make sure you have completed the thing. I don't remember exactly what the option is called (I submitted a long time ago), but have you done that?

Swampman,
I printed out my application and I can't find any blanks.....
I know I need to read/certify that statement but I can't seem to get "to" it to do anything..... I'll keep checking.
thanks
L

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, do the app audit--it will tell you what's missing.

did you go through the 'transcript request' option on the sidebar menu? even if you already requested transcripts, you still need to physically click on this and just select the option that says 'do not request transcripts at this time'. only then will this section officially be 'completed'.

chances are you just didn't complete something. the cert/trans button stays fuzzy until your app is ready to submit--meaning, when everything has been filled out. so don't stress! :D

I would suggest:
a) Try it on a diff comp
b) Create an entirely new acnt (new ID\pwrd) and re-enter all data.

Originally posted by Mr. Bull Terp:
•I would suggest:
a) Try it on a diff comp
b) Create an entirely new acnt (new ID\pwrd) and re-enter all data.•

Uh, I would try the audit BEFORE resorting to option "b)". I couldn't even imagine having to do that. Just thinking about that sends chills up and down my spine.

Yes, "audit". That's the word I was searching for. Ya know, some times the simplest of things trip you up.

Thanks guys for your suggestions!
I'm just getting blurry and I'm probably overlooking something very obvious but right now I'll be darned if I know what it is!
I just went back and ran an audit and the only thing that comes up is my missing
August MCAT score......that won't keep me from processing......
I'm wondering if it's my computer not communicating or something........
I couldn't bear to retype all of this AGAIN!
I already had to do that once!
Anyway, I'll keep plodding along!
Thanks again for the advice!!! Much appreciated!
L

DO THE TRANSCRIPT REQUEST! i'm telling you: this is such an easy thing to pass up if you had already requested transcripts prior to starting work on the app, as i did. it took me a while to figure out that i still had to get that section checked off before i could send in my app.

if this isn't the problem, then disregard...

Hi,
Go into the MCAT section put the August date, but don't put a score in the spaces... That's what stopped me from being able to complete.

Did you get it figured out, slptodoc? We're all rooting for you. :)

I've also been hoping for you today. Cross fingers, hope, hope hope.

:)

Try using Internet Explorer if you are using Netscape. This worked for me. Good luck. We are all keeping our fingers crossed :D

SUCCESS!!!!!!!
Thanks all of you guys for your suggestions and wishes!

Sandflea, YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!
I had done all of the transcript requests previously BEFORE they screwed me up the first time.

After your suggestion, I went back and reselected them but I guess I must have missed one (7 schools all together)
because I went back one more time and reselected and double checked that I had each one and it FINALLY went through.

I think my problem was that I had attended one school, went to another in between, then back to that school to graduate so it was entered twice on the application form, but I only requested the transcript once thinking that would suffice.........

I hope that this might help someone else if they find themselves in this predicament!

THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH!
Once again, studentdoc network was the salvation of my sanity because I sure didn't get any help from AMCAS!!!!!!

It's just very cool how we're all rooting for and helping each other!!!!

:) L