I'm In ... With Lower Than Avg Stats!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csa78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just want to let everyone know that there is hope. i recieved acceptance, regularly without being placed into the waitlist to an accredited four year pharmacy program for the class of 2010. for the sake of the school, i would like to keep it's name anonymous; the school is a fairly competitive school to enter though, around a 15% acceptance rate and does require PCAT.

Here are my stats:

3.4 GPA, Science GPA around 3.0, 51 PCAT, Bachelor's of Science, Great Rec Letters, 3 years working at a retail pharmacy, and i'm pretty sure I did well on the interview.

i thought that i would never get in with that PCAT score, but i guess it didn't matter too much.

Never give up, always think positively, and let the other parts of your application shine.

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

aw c'mon! tell us what school :)

By the way, congratulations!

CONGRATS! :) what is the PCAT out of anyways?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the motivation!
i have 3.0 overall
3.5 prepharm
bs in moleular bio
Science gpa of 3.74
i hoopefully will be accepted fot next year!

ttran01 said:
CONGRATS! :) what is the PCAT out of anyways?

pcats are in percentiles. so she scored 51 percent better than everyone else that applied. the highest is a 100. and the average is 50.

i don't think your application was "below the average"

3.4 GPA is right around the average. 3.0 science GPA is a little lower but still not bottom of the barrel...

I think you were a good cantidate and you got in, especially since you had 3 years of Pharm exp.

RxPlacebo said:
i don't think your application was "below the average"

3.4 GPA is right around the average. 3.0 science GPA is a little lower but still not bottom of the barrel...

I think you were a good cantidate and you got in, especially since you had 3 years of Pharm exp.

WEll, I only had a 3.35gpa(prereq, 3.1 overall) and a year of experience in retail pharmacy. But I had a PCAT of 93 and interviewed well and I got in, so good luck to all the others. Just make sure you're well-rounded, that's probably more important than just GPA so keep at it, volunteer, work, do community service, whatever you can, and make the right relationships for good letters of rec. I got a job this week because the store manager(CVS) called my old boss and that call was enough for him to hire me.

csa78 said:
just want to let everyone know that there is hope. i recieved acceptance, regularly without being placed into the waitlist to an accredited four year pharmacy program for the class of 2010. for the sake of the school, i would like to keep it's name anonymous; the school is a fairly competitive school to enter though, around a 15% acceptance rate and does require PCAT.

Here are my stats:

3.4 GPA, Science GPA around 3.0, 51 PCAT, Bachelor's of Science, Great Rec Letters, 3 years working at a retail pharmacy, and i'm pretty sure I did well on the interview.

i thought that i would never get in with that PCAT score, but i guess it didn't matter too much.

Never give up, always think positively, and let the other parts of your application shine.

Good luck to all!

What do you think about the higher GPA, but no BS degree? Is there any hope?

ngynththo said:
What do you think about the higher GPA, but no BS degree? Is there any hope?

then your gpa must really be up there to make yourself look competitive........

Got into UBC with a GPA of approx. 2.7, PCAT of 99, 4months shadowing exp, numerous volunteer activities, 3years science (no BSc). For a school that says GPA counts for 50% of the admissions index, I feel like I did pretty good.

RyanMaverick said:
Got into UBC with a GPA of approx. 2.7, PCAT of 99, 4months shadowing exp, numerous volunteer activities, 3years science (no BSc). For a school that says GPA counts for 50% of the admissions index, I feel like I did pretty good.

you certainly gave a lot of us some much needed encouragements....... :D

I had a 3.0 overall, 2.9 sci, BS biomedical engineering, 98pcat, no pharm experience. 2 acceptances out of 5 + a waitlist.