IM or IM/Peds program near skiing/ climbing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TJ995

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
MS2 here, hoping to start narrowing down residency ideas. I’m interested in IM or med/peds. #1 concern for residency is being near decent skiing—#2 concern is being near decent climbing. Other than that, I’m open to any and all ideas for residency programs.
Thank you all in advance for your help and advice.
Sincerely,
-TJ

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting priorities for residency (#1 and #2), but I won't question them.

I'd say bring up a map of ski resorts and then work out from there. It depends on how much skiing you're into. If you just need any downhill ski resort and don't care about difficulty of the slopes, your options are much broader than if you need Vermont/Colorado type ski resort skiing. For Climbing, I'd say your better options are out west somewhere. Again, that likely depends on your skill level and desire for easy vs difficult climbing options.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not a skier so I won’t try to list all the programs, but I will say that of the places I interviewed for med peds, University of Colorado and university of Utah very much know their brands and talk about it a lot on their interview days lol.

I’ve seen a lot of Baystate folks on Twitter talk about the climbing near them

Reactions: 1 users
Seattle, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Denver

Reactions: 1 users