(IM)Patiently Waiting For Match Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What's his chosen specialty?

Hey there all! It has been awhile since I posted (i noticed there aren't too many spouses on here 🙁).

DH is currently "touring" the country doing his interviews for Residency. We are super excited and it isn't as nerve racking as we thought it would be.

We also found out in September that we are expecting our first child in May '08 (I know, get ready to be a single mom, lol).

Just wanted to throw myself back into the mix seeing as of December 21st I will be a SAHwife... and come May a SAHM!

So, now we are just waiting (im)patiently for the March "match day" to come around so we know where we are going! I can't wait to find out! I am excited to move out of our current residence into a new one... be it across the city or across the country I am sooooo welcoming all this change!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am also a medical student spouse impatiently waiting for Match Day! I can relate to excitement and anxiety that comes during this phase of medical school. My situation is a little different, as my husband is participating in the early match. We will find out about residency at the end of January. While that is really cool that we get to find out early, we will miss out on the med school's Match Day festivities. Yes, we will still attend, but the excitement will be different for us. I know it can be hard to wait, but you really should look forward to the communal experience of Match Day (almost all the med students around the nation will be experiencing it with you!). It's very special. Best wishes!
 
My wife is a PGY2 in Gen Surgery and I remember Match Day fondly. 😱 She was taking a test that day and I logged on to ERAS as her (at her begging) and got ready to hit refresh like a madman until the results were posted. Earlier in the process, when you find out if you matched at all, was more stressful I think, but the day you find out where you will be hitching your wagon for the next 5 to 7 years is a rush. When I hit refresh and I saw where we were going, I ran out of my office frantically pounding out a text message to her pager that she had left on vibrate and told her to call me. She did and I wouldn't tell her where it was yet. I left work early to drive over to her school and tell her. When she found out, she burst into tears (the of joy kind), she called our family, we went out to eat, went home....and started to pack!
Ah....those were the days...at least until she applies for a fellowship!!

Congrats again and may you both get your first choice and live happily ever after!