IM Podcasts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taddy Mason

30 Helens agree
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've slowly been trying to explore podcasts a bit more as of late - any recommendations for decent IM podcasts?

Members don't see this ad.

The Curbsiders Internal Medicine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Core IM is baller. I've been listening to them while traveling for fellowship interviews and have learned a ton.

NEJM this week (useful for keeping up with breakthroughs in medicine)
JAMA editor's summary
ACP's Annals of IM podcast
Sawbones (entertaining only)
Legends of surgery (my personal favorite one that's entertaining and educational)

NEJM this week (useful for keeping up with breakthroughs in medicine)
JAMA editor's summary
ACP's Annals of IM podcast
Sawbones (entertaining only)
Legends of surgery (my personal favorite one that's entertaining and educational)
How would you compare legends of surgery to the others? I like sawbones and ive been listening to curbsiders as well.

How would you compare legends of surgery to the others? I like sawbones and ive been listening to curbsiders as well.

It's great! It's hosted by a surgical resident, educational, and interesting. I prefer it to sawbones as it aims to educate but is entertainig in the process (whereas sawbones seems to aim to entertain but is also educational). It can be a bit tangiential at times (the host often describes the history of things directly related to the subject of the podcast) but these tangents are usually pretty interesting. Search google for legends of surgery Harvey Cushing episode 42.

If you want purely educational medical audio, check out the MKSAP audio collection. Dry as a bone, but detailed enough to fulfill its goal: to get you to pass the American board of internal medicine exam.

It's great! It's hosted by a surgical resident, educational, and interesting. I prefer it to sawbones as it aims to educate but is entertainig in the process (whereas sawbones seems to aim to entertain but is also educational). It can be a bit tangiential at times (the host often describes the history of things directly related to the subject of the podcast) but these tangents are usually pretty interesting. Search google for legends of surgery Harvey Cushing episode 42.

If you want purely educational medical audio, check out the MKSAP audio collection. Dry as a bone, but detailed enough to fulfill its goal: to get you to pass the American board of internal medicine exam.
I am just a lowley m2, but listening to goljan and the curbsiders has always been a great way to get a clinical picture of the things I have been learning about, books written by surgeons tend to be made to be accessible to the lay public so dont have the technical detail I crave(henery marsh). I downloaded cushings biography, and have not had the opportunity to read it yet. so this cushing episode sounds amazing. Thanks for the recommendation.