IM Residency with Women's Health Track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunny0987

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So I've decided I love women's health but OB isnt the thing for me. Some people suggested I look into IM programs with a women's health track. Does anyone have any info on this and perhaps where I should do fourth year away electives?
Thanks!
S

Members don't see this ad.

I think the Brown program had something similar to this. But that was two years ago. Good luck.

Our program (UIC) has no women's health tract specifically, but recently started a women's health clinic within our medicine clinic. We also have a pap/pelvic clinic. I think more programs will start to place more emphasis on the area of women's health in the future (not to tread on the ob/gyn's toes, but to work with them).

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt, Case, Northwestern, and Wisconsin offer women's health tracks. Pitt's program is actually highly regarded.

-S.

Thanks for the info. There are fewer programs than I thought so I guess I should keep my options open.

Thanks for the info. There are fewer programs than I thought so I guess I should keep my options open.

The program at University of Pittsburgh is one of the best in the country.

This is the USNews rank list of women's health:

1. Harvard University (MA)
2. University of Pennsylvania
3. University of California?San Francisco
4. Johns Hopkins University (MD)
5. Duke University (NC)
University of Washington
7. University of Pittsburgh
8. University of North Carolina?Chapel Hill
9. University of Michigan?Ann Arbor
U. of Texas Southwestern Medical Center?Dallas
Washington University in St. Louis
12. Northwestern University (Feinberg) (IL)
Stanford University (CA)
14. University of Alabama?Birmingham
15. University of California?Los Angeles (Geffen)
Yale University (CT)
17. Columbia U. College of Physicians and Surgeons (NY)
Ohio State University
19. Mayo Medical School (MN)

Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA has an IM/Women's Health Track and shouldn't be too hard to get into.