I'm scared.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Viva LV, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Viva LV

Viva LV Member

Wow. Just got my MCAT in and I got an 11/7/8/Q. Am I toast? I feel OK about the others but a 7 in PS! IF I retake in August I know I will do worse--I have zero time to study this summer--so that's out of the question.

Anybody have experience with these type of numbers and a 3.3 GPA? I'm a practicing occupational therapist with lots of good life experiences.

Does the 7 kill me?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Choirgrl05

Choirgrl05 Member

Hey,
    I got in to two schools (DO) with a 26, and a 3.2. Have no fear. When I went in to my interviews, I knew my grades were low but I gave a great answer when they asked me to explain my low freshman average and all was well. Try not to freak out yet!
    -grl

4. prolixless

prolixless Senior Member

Viva,

I think you have a pretty good shot at any of the DO schools. Your MCAT and GPA are pretty much around average, but I think your health care experiences and "lots of good life experiences" will make you valuable in the eyes of the adcoms. The 7 in PS is not that big of a deal in light of your background experiences.

5. electra

electra SDN Moderator

you can get in. I finished with a 28 MCAT - 12,7,9, "S" in writing and a 3.6 GPA.
    I applied to 8 schools, had five interviews and five acceptances.

go to the individual websites and find the schools you are interested in, and apply quickly. The earlier the app is in, the earlier you can interview and get accepted...everything else for the year is cake!

go, go , go!

6. Patrick O

Patrick O Member

Attending Physician
    you definitely can get in

7. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    Viva LV
    I had same MCAT and grades...how bizarre.....same exact numbers same breakdown...down to the writing score....

I applied to 12 D.O. schools...got 10 interviews and 9 acceptances...you are FINE.

As logn as you have shadowed a D.O. and knwo what you are talking about..in reference to osteopathy...you should have no problem..

If you want to chat..feel free to e-mail me...

I will moving to L.A.(Western/COMP) in about three weeks..

Best of Luck!!!!

Get those applications in EARLY!!!!!

8. Viva LV

Viva LV Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. They really helped my piece of mind. Yosh, that's pretty wacky that we had all the same numbers (and letters). COMP is my 1st choice. If all goes well maybe I'll see you there in a year! Good luck to all of you starting this fall! I envy you.