I'm SHY.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Striatum14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is medical school not for me because I'm a bit SHY?

Members don't see this ad.

Nah you should be FINE.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Shyness isn't a problem if you're able to function when you need to. Being able to interface with patients/classmates/SPs requires social skills, but as you get more comfortable you'll realize that many people are shy and that it's just something you learn to overcome.

However, I do think you'll end up rejected if you keep typing like THIS on your SECONDARIES.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
I'm shy too! I'm sure there'll be a good handful of us in med school

I've noticed that many of the docs I work with do have shy personalities, but manage to communicate effectively with their patients and each other. As long as you can learn to do that, you're fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reading the subject of this thread reminds me of that scene in the 4o year old virgin when Steve Carells character is drunk and finally overcomes his fear of peeing in public.
Roll the clip:

This is of no help sorry OP..

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe you should get away from those pea plants and spend more time talking to people, Gregor. ;)

Im sorry, I hate myself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Sorry to necrobump, but I was looking through my old content on here and stumbled on this gem. I wanted to let you guys know that I made it and am now an M1 at a USMD school :) I am defnitely not as shy as I used to be. I think scribing and just gaining more life experience in general really forced me outside my shell. Thanks for all your support!

Reactions: 18 users
Sorry to necrobump, but I was looking through my old content on here and stumbled on this gem. I wanted to let you guys know that I made it and am now an M1 at a USMD school :) I am defnitely not as shy as I used to be. I think scribing and just gaining more life experience in general really forced me outside my shell. Thanks for all your support!

Congratulations!!!

Reactions: 1 user