I'm STILL waiting...time to give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taven7755

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am still waiting to the final word at NOVA. I interviewed there in feb, and apparently made it through the first cut...I am guessing that they are just seeing if anyone gives up their seat, and in which case it's not looking too promising. I start there in six weeks if I'm in. How close are they going to take this? Do I still have any shot? Shoot me straight:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I have until the 27th to decide on my seat. I'm almost sure I'm giving it up though, so maybe it will be yours :)

6 weeks? Orientation isnt until July 31st and classes start August 4th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I totally misquoted when I said six weeks...I am moving down there in six weeks irregardless, so apparently I wrote that date:confused:. Anyway, Fran keeps telling me to "stay positive", so I hope there's some reason behind that. I thought about getting some more LOR's sent for me (seven already), and my grades this sem were all A's. Keep up the input, and thank you!

taven you keep asking about giving up? ... not over till you get a letter from them saying that you are not considered to be in their entering class. Meanwhile it is in your best interest to stay positive...you feel much better. There's nothing much you can do...there's always next yr. So just relax.

On a positive note, i know a friend that was on hold and got accepted.

at this point, if you're not accepted or at least placed on wait list/standby, then there's very, very little chance that you'll be accepted this year. my suggestion would be to start working your butt off until the end of summer or fall semester then apply ASAP. + make sure you have a good oat score

Definitely start making plans to reapply if you haven't heard back. Some schools may give acceptances as late as the day before class so it's still possible, just be prepared for anything

Figure out where your application is the weakest (you can often call schools and get some sort of phone advising for applicants or a reason for rejection if you got one). Make a plan to improve on weaker parts and your application as a whole and send it in opening day!

I don't know if they are keeping their files straight, I gave up my seat 2 months ago and they keep sending me stuff and calling about housing and whatnot...so maybe there are people who gave them up already and aren't reflecting their files...

Yeah, I also got 2 phone calls from their housing staff recently, they must have not update or coordinate between the departments since I sent my resignation letter back in March