I'm stressin' over saturday...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, no matter what I do I can not crack a 7 on the phy sci part of the practice MCAT's I have been taking. VR and BIO have been 8-9. Is it posssible to get into school with a 7?? help!!

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, don't stress. It's much easier to do well on the MCAT when you aren't stressed. I know that that's easier said than done.
Second, I got into all the schools I applied to with straight 7s, PCOM, NOva, NYCOM. You will be fine.

Good luck

Don't sweat it they're right if you go in there all scared you won't be able to concentrate. I'm also taking the test on Sat. Trust me just relax if you've studied you'll do fine. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same problem. I couldn't get higher than a 7 on the physical science section on my MCAT practice tests. But on the real test, I got a 9. I was very surprised. So don't worry about it. Just relax and calm down. You'll do fine.

NMH,

I remember getting low scores on those practice MCATs too. I took Kaplan, and they purposely made them harder than the actual. So try not to stress too much and learn to relax, it's good practice for when you're facing those anatomy or OP&P practicals in med school.

What's the worse that could happen? You have to take them again? I took the MCAT twice before I got in.

Good luck and kick some butt,
Eric, MSII
WesternU/COMP

I took the MCAT twice too...and now I get to play softball with Eric....Just do your best and you will be fine....

Its more than just numbers....so don't put too much into it and make yourself totally crazy

To all you guys taking the MCAT this saturday, relax and kick some butt.
GOOD LUCk to you all.

The wonderful thing about DO schools is that they are much more interested in your personal qualities and clinical experience than your raw numbers like allopathic schools. They are looking for people motivated to study osteopathic medicine and not just a lab rat. Those with low scores but high potential and strong personal attributes are more likely to get in than someone who has no personality but has high mcats. I have a friend who has a 3.6 and 36's on his mcats, and hasn't been accepted to DO because he doesnt seem very enthusiastic and motivated in his interviews. However, he has been accepted to MD. MCAT scores in the DO perspective are only one small piece of a complete applicant. If you have good people skills, interview well, and have good letters, they are very likely to accept you. I hope this helps. Good luck saturday, and realize that mcats aren't everything.