Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I would like to ask you something. I am 4th year med student (out of 6 years of medicine) from Europe. How important are grades for IMG in residency? I am now getting almost straight A’s but I really messed up in my first and second year and usually passed my exams on second or third attempt. In my second year I had to prolonged my studies for one year because I didn’t have some prerequisits. Do you think that US residency (Gen Surg) is closed for me or I still have chance if my USMLE score would be high,let's say 260 and more?
Have a nice day a thank you for your responses
I would like to ask you something. I am 4th year med student (out of 6 years of medicine) from Europe. How important are grades for IMG in residency? I am now getting almost straight A’s but I really messed up in my first and second year and usually passed my exams on second or third attempt. In my second year I had to prolonged my studies for one year because I didn’t have some prerequisits. Do you think that US residency (Gen Surg) is closed for me or I still have chance if my USMLE score would be high,let's say 260 and more?
Have a nice day a thank you for your responses