Immaculata University Psy.D.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clawless23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've tried browsing around the site a little and haven't been able to find a large amount of information about the school. I was curious if anyone knew anything about Immaculata University regarding size of classes, cohort, or if anyone has any other relevent information it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you check their website? That type of info is readily available there.

Thanks for your reply! I did take a look at the site, and it seems that they don't report it the way other schools usually do. That is what was really confusing me, and I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience or insight into what it's like to be a student here. It worries me a little to see that last year 27/150 students were accepted.

...and relatively high attrition and relatively low APA internship match rates.

This, plus a low licensure rate (68%). Not sure if this is due to students failing the EPPP or what.

The APA internship match rates are atrocious, usually hovering around 25-30%. Personally, I would steer clear.

Hello,

I've tried browsing around the site a little and haven't been able to find a large amount of information about the school. I was curious if anyone knew anything about Immaculata University regarding size of classes, cohort, or if anyone has any other relevent information it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I applied to Immaculata in 2009 and even went to an open house there in October 2008 before applying. I ended up getting an interview, but declined it when I got an offer from another program. They are a very different type of program, one that caters to working adults and folks that have training as counselors, LCSWs and so forth who work. Immaculata's whole graduate school is about adult education and furthering education for working adults. The good thing about the program is that it is a program for working adults and does not have the horrible reputation of Argosy or online programs (the program is not online). The attrition rates may be due to the types of students they cater to: working adults, so life may get in the way and the person has to quit. This is just speculation, though. The program also trains post BA/BS folks too. They are very psychodynamically oriented, so be mindful of that. They have an in-house internship, but it is not APA accretited, which may explain the match rate. To me, it was not a good fit because, I am not a working adult. I am about three years older than your typical twenty-two year old psyd/phd student, which is not much. The program was a good fit for people who work during the day and take classes at night, which is not me. It is a University-based program, but is a private university and there are no funding opportunites because if you already have a job, you have an income to pay for school.

If you want to know more, attend one fo their open houses. Wright State's PsyD program does these too. It gives you a chance to get face time with faculty and learn more about the program.