Implant Robot in China

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sobertiger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
By now, you have probably all heard of this robot that conducted the first fully automated dental implant surgery last year. It was a success, with the two implants being fitted within a margin of error of 0.2-0.3 mm.

I shrugged it off initially, thinking that such machines could only be used to assist dentists rather than replacing them. There is the issue of liability, after all. But I couldn't completely shake off the uneasy feeling.

I know that many experts say that dentists are among the professionals least likely to be replaced by robots, but is this really true?

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Who do you think planned the case and programmed the robot?

Is there a robot physician on site to handle surgical complications as well?

Reactions: 3 users
By now, you have probably all heard of this robot that conducted the first fully automated dental implant surgery last year. It was a success, with the two implants being fitted within a margin of error of 0.2-0.3 mm.

I shrugged it off initially, thinking that such machines could only be used to assist dentists rather than replacing them. There is the issue of liability, after all. But I couldn't completely shake off the uneasy feeling.

I know that many experts say that dentists are among the professionals least likely to be replaced by robots, but is this really true?

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Who measured that 0.2-0.3mm and determined clinical success? Was it the robot, the manufacturer, the doctor, investor, publication....? Who treatment planned?

I see lots of potential conflict here. As of today, I don't see Skynet as posing a threat despite being self-aware. Even though the robot was able to surgically place the implants, it was likely under a very controlled environment. The robot can never compete with the likes of people like Dr. Kyle Reese, an innovator who was years ahead when it comes to abilities and technology.
Dr. Reese's contributions are legendary, only to be overshadowed by the child he fathered with his hygienist, Sarah. The child, John, revolutionized dental implants. It was as if he saw surgical implant Judgement Day approaching. Keeping his mothers' name, John Conner DDS assembled an Army of dentists. These dentists were known as the Resistance - underground oral health warriors fighting against the mechanized self-aware army of "T-Implantologists," built by Cyberdyne systems and funded by the ICOI.
The cybernetic titanium implant-placing organisms are impressive, but the technology is not evolved enough quite yet. Dr. Conner needs to supervise all procedures. He must to be able to react to any and all complications by managing and preventing them.
With Dr. Connor's mind, as well as the support of the Resistance, destroying Skynet is our only hope. It's not as if we can go back in time and manipulate all the actions we want for our benefit. Dr. John Connor is our only hope.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who measured that 0.2-0.3mm and determined clinical success? Was it the robot, the manufacturer, the doctor, investor, publication....? Who treatment planned?

I see lots of potential conflict here. As of today, I don't see Skynet as posing a threat despite being self-aware. Even though the robot was able to surgically place the implants, it was likely under a very controlled environment. The robot can never compete with the likes of people like Dr. Kyle Reese, an innovator who was years ahead when it comes to abilities and technology.
Dr. Reese's contributions are legendary, only to be overshadowed by the child he fathered with his hygienist, Sarah. The child, John, revolutionized dental implants. It was as if he saw surgical implant Judgement Day approaching. Keeping his mothers' name, John Conner DDS assembled an Army of dentists. These dentists were known as the Resistance - underground oral health warriors fighting against the mechanized self-aware army of "T-Implantologists," built by Cyberdyne systems and funded by the ICOI.
The cybernetic titanium implant-placing organisms are impressive, but the technology is not evolved enough quite yet. Dr. Conner needs to supervise all procedures. He must to be able to react to any and all complications by managing and preventing them.
With Dr. Connor's mind, as well as the support of the resistance, destroying Skynet is our only hope. It's not as if we can go back in time and manipulate all the actions we want for our benefit. Dr. John Connor is our only hope.

Hahahahaha

A: That's super cool
B: This sounds like it could be a reason for people to give us MORE money.