Implications of Failing Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanHansenFan

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I recently found out that I failed my USMLE Step 1 exam.

I am a US MD student at a T50 medical school.

I am interested in pursuing internal medicine and am very concerned about the implications this has for my matching capabilities.

This was my first setback/red flag in medical school (passed M1 and M2 year successfully, had great clinical rotation grades/comments, involved with good research projects and had great ECs as well).

Any advice, especially for those that are in IM residency programs, will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.