Important Changes for Pathologists.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nilf

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Important Changes for Pathologists in the
2009 Physician Fee Schedule

Most of you have probably gotten email from CAP about audio conference on this subject on ths Wednesday. This seems to confirm what LA and a few others have been posting since last week. Can anybody post any hard facts? Is anybody planning to 'attend' the conference?

Members don't see this ad.

Important Changes for Pathologists in the
2009 Physician Fee Schedule

Most of you have probably gotten email from CAP about audio conference on this subject on ths Wednesday. This seems to confirm what LA and a few others have been posting since last week. Can anybody post any hard facts? Is anybody planning to 'attend' the conference?

"Topics will include:

* Pathologist Payment
* Pathology Measures for PQRI
* Contractual Joint Ventures and In-Office Ancillary Services

There will be a Question & Answer period following the presentations."

I asked one of the guest speakers about the fraction-of-an-88305 billing code. Not happening, at least not this time around.

"Topics will include:

* Pathologist Payment
* Pathology Measures for PQRI
* Contractual Joint Ventures and In-Office Ancillary Services

There will be a Question & Answer period following the presentations."

I asked one of the guest speakers about the fraction-of-an-88305 billing code. Not happening, at least not this time around.

Unfortunately, I will have to miss it live.

Maybe someone here would be kind enough to post the CAP's spin on these timely topics? I'm guessing they'll conclude there's nothing here to worry about, really, at least nothing that a good policy position can't fix. Go CAP!

Maybe the CAP has some useful advice on what pathologists can do to keep those biopsy incomes from flying out the door? Surgical reports with full-color microphotos? Maybe community pathologists could start rounding with gastroenterologists, maybe bring some doughnuts?

I could use a laugh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe the CAP has some useful advice on what pathologists can do to keep those biopsy incomes from flying out the door? Surgical reports with full-color microphotos? Maybe community pathologists could start rounding with gastroenterologists, maybe bring some doughnuts?

I could use a laugh.

:laugh:
Umm those are things that are probably, sadly, being tossed around as "solutions". The fact of the matter is that mechanisms need to be in place to protect pathologists from clinicians and Ameripath/Quest who will run over anyone to get to that money. This is not capitalism at work here, its shere mockery and exploitation.

I could use a laugh.

Well, they *did* have the big white wall to write on during CAP '08.