• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Important Changes for Pathologists.

Nilf

15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
Dancing on the graves of my enemies
  1. Attending Physician
Important Changes for Pathologists in the
2009 Physician Fee Schedule

Most of you have probably gotten email from CAP about audio conference on this subject on ths Wednesday. This seems to confirm what LA and a few others have been posting since last week. Can anybody post any hard facts? Is anybody planning to 'attend' the conference?

Adrian Cocot

15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
Important Changes for Pathologists in the
2009 Physician Fee Schedule

Most of you have probably gotten email from CAP about audio conference on this subject on ths Wednesday. This seems to confirm what LA and a few others have been posting since last week. Can anybody post any hard facts? Is anybody planning to 'attend' the conference?

"Topics will include:

* Pathologist Payment
* Pathology Measures for PQRI
* Contractual Joint Ventures and In-Office Ancillary Services

There will be a Question & Answer period following the presentations."

I asked one of the guest speakers about the fraction-of-an-88305 billing code. Not happening, at least not this time around.

Pathwrath

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Midwest
  1. Attending Physician
"Topics will include:

* Pathologist Payment
* Pathology Measures for PQRI
* Contractual Joint Ventures and In-Office Ancillary Services

There will be a Question & Answer period following the presentations."

I asked one of the guest speakers about the fraction-of-an-88305 billing code. Not happening, at least not this time around.

Unfortunately, I will have to miss it live.

Maybe someone here would be kind enough to post the CAP's spin on these timely topics? I'm guessing they'll conclude there's nothing here to worry about, really, at least nothing that a good policy position can't fix. Go CAP!

Maybe the CAP has some useful advice on what pathologists can do to keep those biopsy incomes from flying out the door? Surgical reports with full-color microphotos? Maybe community pathologists could start rounding with gastroenterologists, maybe bring some doughnuts?

I could use a laugh.

About the Ads

Path or bust

I like meat
10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2008
www.
  1. Attending Physician
Maybe the CAP has some useful advice on what pathologists can do to keep those biopsy incomes from flying out the door? Surgical reports with full-color microphotos? Maybe community pathologists could start rounding with gastroenterologists, maybe bring some doughnuts?

I could use a laugh.

:laugh:
Umm those are things that are probably, sadly, being tossed around as "solutions". The fact of the matter is that mechanisms need to be in place to protect pathologists from clinicians and Ameripath/Quest who will run over anyone to get to that money. This is not capitalism at work here, its shere mockery and exploitation.

Adrian Cocot

15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003

I could use a laugh.

Well, they *did* have the big white wall to write on during CAP '08.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.