Important question about background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quiktrip

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll delete the thread since it may contain some personal information about me. But basically, I just received Certiphi background check, and I was told to put every single address. Currently I'm staying in Asia for about 3~4 months, and will return to US
I was worried that they wouldn't be able to verify my address in Asia because I don't have any car, housing, credit card etc in my name. Plus I don't really have permanent address, as i'm living with my director's family.

EDIT:
I heard from friend (M2) that it's okay to have unverifiable address, as long as I don't have any criminal records. In fact, many people get unverified address simply because they don't have any credit history for that specific address.
I was worried because I recently did a background check for volunteer application in US, and the person from the hospital asked me some details about my foreign address. In the end, my background check was clear (international check).
Sorry about this pre-med neuroticism

Now I should go back to writing secondaries :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you have an app in for a green card or a student visa for here?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you don't have an address here in the states? A relative's here you can put down? Where do you live when you're here?

You don't have to put the Asian address- if you have a GC you can put your U.S. One

Unless you mean for application EC information and I'm misreading this...

Ok now I'm confused- they won't need to verify your Asian Address is you have a GC. Use your U.S. Address. That's like going on vacation for a few months.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a phone number for the place? Do they have a website or business cards?

Edit: if you really really want an Asian address on there (which it seems like you do) can you put a relative that still lives there? Out it as a secondary address. Other than that, I got nothing. Just put your U.S. address down and be a proud citizen ;)

I really wouldn't get stressed out about the Asian address! I know the whole process is stressful but you want your address that's verified to be US.... How else will you get you acceptance packets??

I really wouldn't get stressed out about the Asian address! I know the whole process is stressful but you want your address that's verified to be US.... How else will you get you acceptance packets??
they tell you to list all the address. That's why.

Members don't see this ad :)
This whole time I thought you meant as what to list as your primary address- YES put the CEOs info/address down. Most schools won't even check, honestly

they tell you to list all the address. That's why.
I had this same problem with listing all the different addresses- it was like 5 different states. I couldn't remember them! So I put my current and how long I had lived there. No biggie. They can ALWAYS find you haha! You'd be surprised...

I would go with whatever Asian address you have, probably your dads. I've been staying with my mom to save money so there are no bills under the address I listed and it was fine. Like I said, if you got anything in the states tho, Certiphi will find it. So I've heard... ;)

Edit: but it's up to you...you're national record is most likely all they care about

I don't even understand this confusion. Just put your American address in your application.

If you put an Asian address, it would make it significantly harder to get into medical schools, as they consider IS/OOS/international student as part of their application. You don't want to be considered an international student.

Having a green card is already going to hurt you a bit because you are not a US Citizen. Don't give them any more reason to put you in that international student pile.

Reactions: 1 user
Stop worrying about it! I'm sure it's past noon over there... Go have a drink!

I am not international student.
I'm just talking about background check that you do after acceptance. I'm currently on the waitlist AND I am reapplying so I wanted to make sure

You are considered an international student when you apply with a Green Card. Until you get that US Passport in your hands, it makes it more difficult to get in. My point is you want to make it look like you've been in America for a long time, to convince the adcoms you have lots of ties to America (or the state you're living in.)

I had a friend who applied with a green card and was waitlisted the first cycle from BU, and got no interviews the second cycle. Once he got that US citizenship he started getting piles of interviews the third cycle. He had a 3.85 sGPA/cGPA and a 38 MCAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yea, sorry @quiktrip the premed neuroticism is too much for me to handle...it's Sunday, it's beautiful out, and my teams playing. Take the original advice. Stop freaking out....I do wish you the best of luck though

Edit: and don't contact Certiphi! If you have no record then you have no record! Drop it, they can't help you anyway, and schools already ran that on you back in January