Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Important! Scramble Question

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by sam1, Feb 16, 2007.

1. sam1

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I BELIEVE THAT MANY PROGRAMS USE ERAS FOR THE SCRAMBLE. I ALSO KNOW THAT MANY APPLICANTS PARTICIPATING IN THE SCRAMBLE USE FAX TO SEND THEIR DOCUMENTS TO THE PROGRAMS. I WAS WONDERING, IF I WANT TO USE THE ERAS FOR SCRAMBLE PURPOSE THEN WHAT IS THE METHOD? HOW DO I NOTIFY ERAS TO FORWARD MY DOCUMENTS ELECTRONICALLY TO THE PROGRAMS THAT I AM INTERESTED IN ?
    WITH ONLY 24 DAYS FOR THE MATCH, I KINDA WANT TO BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST CASE SCENARIO:scared: ALTHOUGH I HOPE TO MATCH SOMEWHERE:confused:

2. mig26x

mig26x Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    if you use ERAS for the scramble, which not all programs do (they have an asterik besides them in the unfilled list), then it would have all your documents in it and you only checkmark them to send them to the program, just as if you were applying.

I think there's a maximum of 30 ERAS applications you can use, they are free and you cant pay to get more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dr.McNinja

Dr.McNinja Nobel War Prize Winner
    Moderator Physician Faculty Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    First off, I recommend turning off caps lock.

4. Sugar72

Sugar72 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Last year when I was scrambling I used eras and several of the programs didn't get the eras app so I ended up faxing my app also - somake sure even if you plan on only using ERAS that you have hard copies of your app and a fax machine. You might have to use it unexpectedly.

5. Benbin

2+ Year Member

Hi Sugar72, Did you get matched last yr? Any more successful experience ? Thanks a lot.

Hi Sugar I just found your more experience in another thread. Thanks.

6. VuDOo

2+ Year Member

R T F S