• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Importnace of Reference Letter from Dentist

leetara

2+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2016
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
How important is it to provide a letter from dentist for LOR section ( even if the school does not require one)? Do schools look at your application negatively if you don't have a letter from a dentist your shadowed?

babytomato

5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2016
  1. Pre-Dental
I only provided a committee letter and received a few interviews/acceptances. I believe a few schools require a LOR from a dentist, but otherwise I don't think it would be a big deal.

Reactions: 1 users

futuredmdblue

Feb 16, 2020
  1. Dental Student
How important is it to provide a letter from dentist for LOR section ( even if the school does not require one)? Do schools look at your application negatively if you don't have a letter from a dentist your shadowed?

If you can, see if your dentist can write a confirmation of the hours you shadowed. Some schools require that and it doesn’t count as a reference. But you should still have it to strengthen your application. Written confirmation trumps word of mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leetara

2+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2016
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
If you can, see if your dentist can write a confirmation of the hours you shadowed. Some schools require that and it doesn’t count as a reference. But you should still have it to strengthen your application. Written confirmation trumps word of mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I submit the reference letter from dentist later in the cycle ( some time in September), will that be too late in the cycle to update the letter?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.