Improve bio score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mkitties

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this may sound weird, but I'm having a really hard time improving my bio score. I have read thru the EK bio book twice and the PR book once and took notes on them. I feel like I know the info, but for some reason I can't apply the facts I learned to the questions. I thought I could improve my score (~9) by just doing passages and it's not working...Any suggestions?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Mkitties said:
I know this may sound weird, but I'm having a really hard time improving my bio score. I have read thru the EK bio book twice and the PR book once and took notes on them. I feel like I know the info, but for some reason I can't apply the facts I learned to the questions. I thought I could improve my score (~9) by just doing passages and it's not working...Any suggestions?? :confused:

maybe try breaking the bio down into section. focus on 1 chapter from EK a day, or on one chapter every two days. every few sentence that you read, ask yourself, "does this make sense?", "will i be able to remember this fact tomorrow?", "I wonder how they can ask a question on this?" and then look back over practice test passages that test info from that chapter and redo the problems. if you still get something wrong, read over the solution, and go back to the problem and write out the solution. writing personally helps me remember things.

i think it is really important to identify exactly why you are missing a problem. for example, in the EK 1001 bio book I found that I would miss several problems because i didn't refer to the table or graph they had, instead i relied on my intuition. now i know to make sure to look to see if the answer to a question is given in the table before i start burning my brain cells.

hope this helps

Thanks for the input. I spent about 5-6 hrs reviewing the bio notes that I took this morning and then I did a bio section and got a 9...again. I guess I'll try the one chapter a day method and see if that works.

How much time are you spending reviewing the answers that you get wrong?
Are you forgetting basic facts & concepts?
Are you misinterpreting information from the passages?
What is causing most of your missed answers?

It doesn't sound like throwing more study time at the issue is going to help unless you figure out a different way of studying. Heck, if nothing works, you might consider accepting that score and spending your time trying to improve the other 2 sections... Just don't waste your time repeating the same things that haven't been working already!

Good luck! :luck:

Mkitties said: