Improve PCAT reading comprehension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tttt14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does any of you guys have advice to improve reading comprehension section? my score was horrible and I need to find some quick method to improve it before my July test coming up. I'm going to try to read as many books as I can before then, but other than that, is there any specific type of practice test i should buy to practice it? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reading books will probably not help too much, though reading is never a bad hobby. When you are reading the book it is a story consisting of a thought process and dialog. Reading scientific articles and such would be a better use of time. This is due to the fact that the articles are typically short, raise a question/stance on a subject, and present facts for the reader to take in. This is what the reading comp. part of the PCAT is trying to do. They create a few paragraphs that will rasie questions, present facts, and determine how well you are able to use that information to understand the point of the text.

.Please help I am retaking the PCAT in September and I really need to work on reading comprehension section. Please and please give advice on how to do well on the section. Please include your score on this section.