In a bit of a situation/crisis and would appreciate some help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StressfulMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I'm a rising sophomore currently on summer break, starting the 28th of this month.

I'm currently studying for the certification exam to become an EMT and work at my school's department, for the clinical exposure. The exam is the 14th.

At the same time, a contacted a doctor for shadowing who was willing to take me on, all I need is a few more items and Ill be set.

However, I personally spoke with him over the phone and he would rather I did it over a long period of time (since it would be a minimum of 1 month I'd be with him since school starts the 28th). In summary, all he said was do what works for you.

But, I'm still studying for the exam and want to shadow since connections are hard to come by. I contacted 5 doctors and he was the only one who replied.

What should I do?? Should I postpone my exam and shadow with him? I'm also worried about next summer and what to do then. How do I know if I'm on the right track in terms of ECs?

I know that grades are of the utmost importance at this point. Even the doctor told me sophomore year is extremely demanding (that being said, should I even start as an EMT this year?) I ended the year with a 3.32 sGPA, 3.3 cGPA (dramatic improvement between first and second semesters)

Would really appreciate some advice--thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.