In case anyone wants to know...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColumbiaMPH

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just re-took the August MCAT, and I didn't want to wait for my MCAT scores before schools started looking at my application. I had this crazy idea that I should not submit my scores for the August MCAT, have schools start looking at my application right away, and submit my scores later if I scored better. After I decided to do this, some people said that it is a bad idea because it will take weeks longer for schools to receive my scores after I submit them, delaying things even further. Well, I checked my scores early and submitted my scores, and they are already in my AMCAS. So basically, anyone who wants to see their scores before submitting them to AMCAS doesn't have to worry about having to wait for weeks before AMCAS gets them (thanks to the speed of online transmission). Hope that is helpful to future MCATers who are considering whether or not to submit scores to AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad.

No delay? I was thinking of doing that, and now I regret it. While about half of my schools processed my apps (sent me secondaries, even some interview invites), the other half chose to wait for my new scores. I got the same composite score as last time, and thus this MCAT has only delayed my app... I'm pi$$ed.