In Depth PANCE Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daniherr12

Reaction score
Hi all! Now that I'm on the other end of things and basically just patiently waiting to start working my first big girl job as a PA (nervous squeal) I just wanted to share some of my study tips for the PANCE. I took the PANCE 11 days after graduating. Study tools: UWorld (oh lord this for sure whipped my butt for the better) and only a bit of Rosh (by the end of clinical year I had exhausted nearly all of their questions), Pance Prep Pearls, and only a bit of The Last Step. I made this subject schedule according to percentage of importance and personal weaknesses/strengths. TBH some days were better than others and I didn’t end up PERFECTLY adhering/executing 100% of my study goals… but I did my best!

Day 1 (Saturday): rest

Day 2: Review Heme & Pharm - ~60 UWorld questions for each. Then a comprehensive 60 questions. ***Uworld questions tend to give classic PANCE questions, but also add a bit of complexity to it, so it helps with helping you tease out the tricky questions, time management, and it helps you improve on the 2nd/3rd order questions**

Day 3: Renal/GU & ID - ~60 Uworld questions each and comprehensive 180 questions. (Why 60 questions? Some of you may not know, but the PANCE is a total of 300 questions... but administered in 60 question blocks, so it's useful getting used to this format, and UWorld only lets you do 60 question blocks anyway so it's helpful that it knows just how the PANCE will be administered!)

Day 4: Psych & Derm - 60 questions each

Day 5: Endocrine & Reproductive - 60 questions each

Day 6: Mock PANCE purchased from RR.

Day 7: Neuro & MSK - 60 questions each

Day 8: GI & ENT - 60 questions each

Day 9: Pulm & The Last Step book

Day 10: Cardio & The Last Step book

Overall I feel like REVIEWING material is very important but just as important is PRACTICING your test-taking skills and knowledge. Uworld questions were tougher than RR, but it pushed me and I noted improvement by using it.

Members don't see this ad.